Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Does anyone notice.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482277)

iwiamandaiwi 01-16-2013 04:13 PM

Does anyone notice....

they get braxton hicks a lot earlier with each pregnancy? I am getting so many and they are so uncomforatable and even painful sometimes. It's driving me batty. I get one and I have to stop what I am doing sometimes to bear through it.

heavenlyblessedmom 01-16-2013 04:22 PM

Re: Does anyone notice....

I haven't had any yet, I had a TON of prodomal labor near the end with my last though, there were SO many times I was just sure it was time.... and it wasn't, lol. Have you tried cal/mag it might help with all the BH contractions.

leyash 01-17-2013 11:25 AM

Yes. I have them EVERY single day. Not a day goes by without one...

They are sometimes intense, sometimes not. I've been having them since 13w this time (fourth kid).

Honestly, even though I've been having them for awhile, they scare me. At times they can feel like real contractions to me (even though I am 90% sure that they aren't), and I am so afraid of PTL it's not even funny. Bah. I just kind of find something else to do to keep my mind off of it, otherwise this is going to be a LONGGG 16 weeks, lol.

Lisathena 01-21-2013 11:15 AM

#5 here and yup! And lately they kinda are pinchy sometimes and go towards my back :( i have never had preterm labor. Prodomal YES w/ #3 for 5 weeks. but my babys always come at 41 weeks soooo...i dont worry to much :)

MommaLEB 01-21-2013 08:10 PM

I've actually had them less, and they started later. Might be because I don't work on my feet this pregnancy?

txmommytobe 01-21-2013 08:48 PM

I have had a few in the last couple of days and have been trying to slow down. I know if I start having them more I will be put on bed rest :( my youngest son was a 34 weeker due to preterm labor that started at 28 weeks but was controlled by meds and bed rest for a while. Praying this little girl does not take the same route.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ingrid5699 01-22-2013 01:57 AM

Yep. Mine started around 10w this time (related to dehydration from the hyperemesis but still). They are also definitely painful and not just uncomfortable. Thankfully none of them seem to affect my cervix.

missemily 01-22-2013 07:45 AM

I never get them. Then again my babies tend to want to stick around and sometimes have to be induced. I guess my body just doesn't want to practice?

cdeweese 01-22-2013 02:08 PM

This is my sixth pregnancy and my body is BH happy! But I was having them at the end of the first trimester. I normally get them a lot when lifting my kids or at night. I take them as a cue to stop and drink something.