Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Favorite things for a warm weather baby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482310)

tricia17lee 01-16-2013 05:44 PM

Favorite things for a warm weather baby

This baby will be my second. DD was born in January.

A lot of her things were fleecey and warm. She was always dressed in layers (I'm in New England). All our blankets are heavier like afghans, quilts, fleece, etc.

For moms who have had late spring and summer babies- and those who have also had winter babies and can compare- what is different?

What were your favorite clothes, blankets, carriers, etc. for a warmer weather baby?

I'm really starting to look forward to having a baby that doesn't need to be bundled to go outside, have to pre-warm the car, and so on.

cdeweese 01-16-2013 06:01 PM

Re: Favorite things for a warm weather baby

Tank top onesies, rompers, Aiden and Anais swaddle blankets (or similar) and a fan for the stroller/car seat (snap on with foam blades) :thumbsup:

mmeneely 01-19-2013 08:36 PM

A cloth diaper with a nylon Bummis cover (PUL and wool are warm and I will dispute otherwise), cotton T-shirt and an Aden&Anais blanket. Definitely a cotton sleeper for the first couple of months though.
You will know if it is too little or too much though.

Chamomile Girl 01-19-2013 08:57 PM

DS spent a lot of time in just his diaper. Skin to skin is way easier in summer at least. And you don't freeze while breastfeeding.

momma_dna 01-20-2013 12:14 PM

DS wore mostly onesies and a diaper. We like cool house at night so he was in onsies with socks and I swaddled him in two A&A blankets. Also hats are key.

lizgrace07 01-20-2013 03:07 PM

Onesies/t shirts and diapers for clothes
Socks
Light sleepers
very light blankets and/or sleep sacks
Sunscreen
Swimwear
sun hat
light cotton hat
maybe a pool worthy carrier
stroller for lots of walks outside (that's my favorite part of having a warm weather baby, you can get out a lot)

lindsayncadence 01-20-2013 03:08 PM

My warm weather babes are usually found at home in a diaper but to go out light shirts/dresses with the girls :), light cotton sleepers for night and I loved swaddles with just a diaper under for my last June bug. I am looking forward to having a warm weather baby again :)

lindsayncadence 01-20-2013 03:08 PM

oh yea a lightweight baby carrier and hats :)

callejon87 01-20-2013 03:24 PM

Muslin blankets-can still swaddle but not nearly as hot for baby!

cambomom 01-23-2013 03:31 PM

anyone know a specific brand that is a good light weight baby carrier?