Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Day 18 of no poop and starting to get antsy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482368)

KLeeCW 01-16-2013 09:10 PM

Day 18 of no poop and starting to get antsy

DD's regular is a once a week poop (she's ebf). In the past she's gone 10 days without going. She last went on Dec. 29th. We usually just wait it out, but I just don't want to wait so long and have there be a problem. She doesn't seem fussy or in pain...just no poop! Lol, we are so terrified to leave the house because that might be THE DAY for her to go and I'm certain its going to be a ton. On the 10th day, our pedi recommended I try an ounce of diluted apple juice. It did nothing. On the 14th day I tried the q-tip method, per our pedi's advice. Still nothing. Any advice? Should we just keep waiting? I mean, she HAS to go eventually, right!?!? lol

keen1981 01-16-2013 09:11 PM

Age?

KLeeCW 01-16-2013 09:27 PM

Re: Day 18 of no poop and starting to get antsy

4 months

KLeeCW 01-16-2013 09:28 PM

She's been 1x a week since about 1mo.

leyash 01-16-2013 09:29 PM

Honestly, waiting too long can cause an impaction, or even (in most severe cases), blood poisoning. I'd see what else you could do. This is a REALLY long time not to poop. :(

ETA: Meh. NM. I thought she was 18 mos. for some reason. :/

I would atleast call the pedi again.

Hungry Caterpillar 01-16-2013 09:36 PM

Apple juice prevents poop. Prune or pear juice encourage poop. :)

KLeeCW 01-16-2013 09:39 PM

:( I know, I just don't know what our other options are. Our pedi doesn't like to use suppositories at this age. And I can't will her to poop, trust me, I've tried. I'm just not sure what to do. She has a regular appt on Monday, but I really don't want to wait that long. Diluted prune juice maybe?

Alaga 01-16-2013 09:43 PM

I'd try prune juice, but go easy on it. A little goes a long way (found out the hard way!)!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Hungry Caterpillar 01-16-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLeeCW (Post 16168645)
:( I know, I just don't know what our other options are. Our pedi doesn't like to use suppositories at this age. And I can't will her to poop, trust me, I've tried. I'm just not sure what to do. She has a regular appt on Monday, but I really don't want to wait that long. Diluted prune juice maybe?

I would try diluted prune juice maybe twice tomorrow and then the rectal thermometer trick tomorrow evening.

Resellmybelle 01-16-2013 09:44 PM

Did you try bicycling or pumping her legs or massaging the belly?

Did you try eating prunes?