Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Placenta Previa (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482588)

cinderella08 01-17-2013 02:37 PM

Placenta Previa

I'm 14 weeks and woke up this morning to blood soaked PJs and sheets - very, very scary. A quick trip to the OB revealed a super happy, wiggly, healthy baby but complete placenta previa. I've had a low-lying placenta before, but not total previa. It's a "good" previa in that 2/3 of the placenta is on the side of the uterus and 1/3 is covering the cervix completely - so they are about 75% confident it will move up. I guess I'm just looking for your stories of early previa resolving! I really don't want to have a RCS (c/s in 2008, VBAC in 2010, planning another VBAC) but absolutely would if necessary of course/

famaza 01-17-2013 02:53 PM

Re: Placenta Previa

I have heard of many placentas that do migrate favorably and dont need a C-section!So dont worry at the moment,be positive and hope everything goes fine.:hugs:
But,I had a stubborn, complete placenta previa that didnt migrate till the end and I needed a C-section.Since it was planned,I had no major issues.
Anyways,most previas do move, so relax!:hugs:

EmilytheStrange 01-17-2013 03:30 PM

Mine was partial with DD and moved. 14 weeks is still early enough, I think.

Caz 01-18-2013 12:41 AM

This early in the game, you have very good chances of it moving. I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy at 16 weeks and found out I had a complete previa. It was monitored closely with u/s every few weeks and finally moved btwn 27-29 weeks. At 14wks, the uterus still has a ton of stretching to do. I know it's hard, especially after the episode of bleeding, but try not to worry, a partial or marginal previa is pretty common this early in pregnancy.

Caz 01-18-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz
This early in the game, you have very good chances of it moving. I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy at 16 weeks and found out I had a complete previa. It was monitored closely with u/s every few weeks and finally moved btwn 27-29 weeks. At 14wks, the uterus still has a ton of stretching to do. I know it's hard, especially after the episode of bleeding, but try not to worry, a partial or marginal previa is pretty common this early in pregnancy.

Sorry, just noticed it is complete, not partial, still has VERY good odds of moving!!

MDever 01-18-2013 07:31 AM

Wow, that must have been super scary. I can't imagine how freaked out you must have been. So glad to hear that you and LO are both well. My sister has a near 1yo and she had a complete previa early on like you. She was on pelvic rest so no intercourse for quite some time and she had a few extra ultrasounds to keep an eye on things. Hers did move and she went on to have an uncomplicated vaginal delivery.

emeyer76 01-18-2013 12:05 PM

Mine was partial, but I had bleeding from 8w5d to around 20 weeks and then it finally resolved. By my 20-ish week anatomy scan it had moved completely off and now I'm at 30w5d and everything looks good to go :)

14w is super early in terms of placenta placement, so give it some time and do your best not to totally freak out when the bleeding happens, because it will very likely continue. I bought a doppler for this reason because it was soooooo reassuring to hear that heartbeat. Even though I knew the reason for the bleeding, it was still reassuring to hear the heartbeat and it saved me countless trips to the OB!

Hang in there mama!

ETA: My OBs office won't even diagnose any previa until 20 weeks, so my early bleeds were all attributed to a low lying placenta, even though they explained that it was partially covering the cervix. They said that so many move and resolve by 20 weeks that they don't want to diagnose it an unnecessarily label the pregnancy high-risk (although my insurance did label me high risk, but I also has other factors that complicated the matter)

cinderella08 01-19-2013 03:53 PM

Thank you everyone :hugs:

It was a SUPER scary experience - one that I definitely don't care to relive even though the outcome was just fine....

I'm feeling more at ease and less freaked out - I know there's a high chance of it moving - even the super crappy VBAC-hating OB gave it a 75% chance of moving and the textbooks and references he showed me give it a 90% chance of moving!

kmadavis85 01-23-2013 04:44 PM

Mine moved by 33 weeks, but it wasn't complete. We had an issue bc the sonogram office didn't fax my report to the OB, so from 19 - 26 weeks we didn't know that it was for sure previa. Hopefully it ll move up for you!