Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I need to find a deal on a Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482958)

Blessed2005 01-18-2013 02:09 PM

I need to find a deal on a Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper

I figured that I would come to the experts on deal finding :o). I want to get my friend a Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper for her shower for under $40. They had them right before Christmas on Amazon for $37 shipped, but I just couldn't swing the extra at the time. I need it before Feb. 10.....has anybody come across a good deal on one?? Thanks Mamas!

mommypack 01-18-2013 05:22 PM

Re: I need to find a deal on a Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper

Not sure about price, but I just received a recall notice on mine last week. Apparently mold is growing in the sling part and causing breathing issues. Maybe they fixed the problem on the ones they are selling.

P!nkPepper 01-18-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2005 (Post 16175959)
I figured that I would come to the experts on deal finding :o). I want to get my friend a Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper for her shower for under $40. They had them right before Christmas on Amazon for $37 shipped, but I just couldn't swing the extra at the time. I need it before Feb. 10.....has anybody come across a good deal on one?? Thanks Mamas!

Once Upon a Child? I got mine there for $20 & it looked brand new. I know they were recalled but not for "safety" reasons, because mold grows behind the cover if it gets wet. Putting a waterproof pad over it will help.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

greek4 01-18-2013 08:16 PM

Baby clearance at target

b bright 01-18-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greek4
Baby clearance at target

Yep. I found mine ere for $25. But with the recall I'm wondering if they will even have them on the shelves now?

ZnBmama 01-19-2013 07:15 AM

I did see some on clearance as well!

Blessed2005 01-19-2013 06:51 PM

My target doesn't have any on sale, bummer!

The recall is again, not safety oriented, so I'm not worried ab that. I still love mine. It did get the mildew/ mold issue while a friend had it, but my hubby is gonna' do the cleaning suggestions that FP sent out. Ours is not that bad and is mainly on the vinyl part and not the fabric. If it doesn't go away, I will call ab a replacement.

DealSeekingMomma 01-21-2013 07:32 PM

I don't see any recent deals, sorry.

lisapang 01-22-2013 10:24 PM

Amazon has them for $44.89 right now. If you're an Amazon Mom member, you can use the code BABY2013 to get 20% off. If you are not already an Amazon Mom member, you can join now but will have to wait 24 hours until you can use the coupon code.

Alaga 01-22-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed2005
My target doesn't have any on sale, bummer!

The recall is again, not safety oriented, so I'm not worried ab that. I still love mine. It did get the mildew/ mold issue while a friend had it, but my hubby is gonna' do the cleaning suggestions that FP sent out. Ours is not that bad and is mainly on the vinyl part and not the fabric. If it doesn't go away, I will call ab a replacement.

This. It is a mold issue, not a safety issue. Our Rock N Play has gone through 2 kiddos with no mold issues. I did wash the cover nearly weekly though b/c my kiddos spit up so much (hence the RNP); maybe that's why? Anyways, still an awesome product if your baby needs to sleep at an angle.

Sorry OP, no advice on a cheaper price.