Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best fit for 6-7 lb newborn (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483085)

HappiMom 01-18-2013 09:33 PM

Best fit for 6-7 lb newborn

I decided to start a second thread for this question. We are expecting baby #2. Baby #1 was 6 lbs 14 oz - exactly the same size as my husband when he was born. All of my MIL's babies were under 7 lbs. Assuming my babies take after his side of the family I'm wondering what the best diapers are for that size.

I'm leaning towards GMD workhorses and wool, but I'd like to have a variety. Oh and I'd loooove to see pics! Thanks!

fdupre 01-18-2013 09:45 PM

Re: Best fit for 6-7 lb newborn

Ive seen Pics on Stacy Alva coop on facebook of newborns in alvas.

aylasmommy 01-18-2013 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We love our workhorses and wool!

Chriscia 01-18-2013 10:00 PM

My dd was 6 lbs 10 oz. lil joeys fit great! Until she started peeing through them. At 8 1/2 lbs nb alvas are still a little loose on her legs. Thirsties duo and xs fit great as does the blueberry mini.

tesslouise 01-18-2013 10:05 PM

DD#2 was born weighing 5 lbs. 13 oz. and nothing fit yet (she was early and I was not expecting such a tiny peanut). After a case of newborn disposables she fit into newborn prefolds trifolded in Bummis NB and Thirsties XS diaper covers. That setup worked until she finally fit into Flip covers, which was around 12 lbs. (Now she's in capri-size prefolds trifolded in Flip covers, on the smallest setting.)

Sarah-B 01-18-2013 10:24 PM

Dd was 8lbs 6 oz and little joeys never fit her.

The super brite bummis cover fit well over a trifolded orange edge GMD prefold.

Also the fuzi buns extra small fit her in the middle setting so it would have fit a smaller baby :)

Annedee 01-18-2013 10:43 PM

My Dd was 6 lb 12 oz and I used KL0s on her with a Thirsties Duo size 1 cover. They fit her great and were easy to use. Nothing ever escaped until she started to soak the KL0s at about 8 lbs. Ebf poo never escaped the Thirsties cover and only escaped the KL0 once in 7 weeks.

dagmomma 01-19-2013 06:57 AM

DS2 was 7lbs then lost weigt--great fits on him
xs bg aio--he peed through thenm at 3 weeks
swaddlebees mini eco-nappi
kl0s
gmd orange edge prefolds
bsww nb

DD was 6'12 then lost weight I loved on her
flats
orange edge pfs from gmd
xs obf sbish
wahm made nb fitteds--I think I had little boppers
swaddlebees eco-nappi
bsww nbs

Once they got over the 7lb mark
this is what worked great

xs thirsties cover
thirsties duo size 1 cover
flats
bg xs until peed through at 3 weeks
eco nappi mini
orange edge pfs until about 9-10 lbs

This baby I am doing things a little different
swaddlebees simpex nb aio
flats
thirsties covers
will get various nb fitteds
sbish xs
wahm nbs
thinking sbish mini no closure

hilaryisinked 01-19-2013 07:18 AM

Here is my thread for my DD2 in newborn diapers. She was 6 lb 10 oz when she came home. Lil Joeys were the best on her.

Minniebees 01-19-2013 07:30 AM

I didn't care for any of the AIO's I bought until he was about 8 lbs or so. My favorites were my fitteds, Goodmama newborn and Graham Bear Wear (Etsy). I also had some Patooshie Pants that my 4 year old used, and they fit very nice, but weren't very absorbent. I didn't care for the Nanas Bottoms newborn fitteds, but I didn't care for them when my 4 year old was a newborn, either.

If I was going to have another newborn, which I'm not, then I would get a full stash of Goodmamas and GBW and covers.