Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   can sellers charge fees for paypal?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483101)

karaintx 01-19-2013 12:24 AM

can sellers charge fees for paypal??

Its been a looong time since I've purchased here on DS. Can sellers charge fees?? I'm being told its x amount for item. X amt for ship. And x amt for pp fees.

Wasn't that a no no??

abunchoflemons 01-19-2013 12:33 AM

Re: can sellers charge fees for paypal??

People here fRom my experience factor in fees to price. Not sure on before stuff.

karaintx 01-19-2013 12:36 AM

That's what I've done in the past. Though PP fees suck its a good way to get money asap. I used to sell on eBay back in the day and all we had was MOs or checks

ktmelody 01-19-2013 12:37 AM

No. Ita against the rules. They cannot ask you to cover fees.

Report her post and we will make sure she gets the rules.

jackyl08 01-19-2013 12:38 AM

Sellers are not allowed to ask for fees and you are asked to report them to mods. The fees must be built in to the price.

karaintx 01-19-2013 12:43 AM

Thank you. I thought so. But like I said its been awhile..

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 01-19-2013 12:39 PM

It is a technicality, but it is against the rules. She can ask for the same amount of money as in I want $10ppd(that covers her price, shipping, pp fees) or I want $8(covers price and pp fees) plus $2 for shipping, but she can not actuall say I want $7.42 for price, $2 for shipping, and .58 for pay pal fees.
If she is new, I would just explain to her due to pay pals rules she can not word it that way, but she can combine it.

karaintx 01-19-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 (Post 16179088)
It is a technicality, but it is against the rules. She can ask for the same amount of money as in I want $10ppd(that covers her price, shipping, pp fees) or I want $8(covers price and pp fees) plus $2 for shipping, but she can not actuall say I want $7.42 for price, $2 for shipping, and .58 for pay pal fees.
If she is new, I would just explain to her due to pay pals rules she can not word it that way, but she can combine it.

The second response is what I'm getting. :/

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 01-19-2013 09:20 PM

I would think the way she worded it would be ok then. She would be smarter to leave the part about pay pal fees left off, but she is not specifically asking for extra for pay pal fees. I look at is more like she is telling you the price and it that it covers everything except shipping. In the end it still $10 regardless, so I kind of find the rule silly (pay pals rule, ds only enforces it).

P!nkPepper 01-20-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 (Post 16180794)
I would think the way she worded it would be ok then. She would be smarter to leave the part about pay pal fees left off, but she is not specifically asking for extra for pay pal fees. I look at is more like she is telling you the price and it that it covers everything except shipping. In the end it still $10 regardless, so I kind of find the rule silly (pay pals rule, ds only enforces it).

It is silly. Just because people break it down to show where the $ is going, it is against the rules?

Lately so many people lowball it seems like a good idea to show/explain the money breakdown. I have a worn once Flip cover. I will pay $1.64 to ship & .52c fees. Hardly worth it for $5.34 on a nearly new cover. I think I will keep it with a flat stuffed in the van as a "back up diaper".

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k