Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Nursery plans?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483164)

txmommytobe 01-19-2013 10:23 AM

Nursery plans??

Anyone planning or working on a nursery yet? I got the paint for ours and some supplies to make some art work. I am determined to have everything done in the next couple of months. This is my only girl nursery so going all out :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jennayoung99 01-19-2013 10:25 AM

We're just starting, I've been planning it for months but we're finally starting to get down to business. First thing is cleaning out all the junk in that room. :S

iwiamandaiwi 01-20-2013 08:19 AM

Re: Nursery plans??

I've got it all planned out and am so excited since this is my only girl! I am also moving the boys in to the same room and redecorating theirs so I have a lot to do in the next few months! So far the only thing I have for her room is the crib skirt, lol. It's a pink tuile one and is ADORABLE! I'm doing a parisian ballerina theme <3 I've got a lot of work ahead of me and no energy to get it done.

txmommytobe 01-20-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi
I've got it all planned out and am so excited since this is my only girl! I am also moving the boys in to the same room and redecorating theirs so I have a lot to do in the next few months! So far the only thing I have for her room is the crib skirt, lol. It's a pink tuile one and is ADORABLE! I'm doing a parisian ballerina theme <3 I've got a lot of work ahead of me and no energy to get it done.

This will be my only girl too!! So I completely understand!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

iwiamandaiwi 01-20-2013 11:56 AM

Yep, so I'm doing the parisian ballerina them for her and the boys want a pirate room since htey both love the show Jake and the Neverland Pirates :) I'm much better at coming up with ideas for a girly room than for a pirate room but so far I have thought that I would buy them treasure chest toy boxes to put at the end of their beds (have to buy bunk beds for them too but they will be used as regular beds until my youngest gets a bit older) and then I could find some pirate themes knick knacks and posters to put around their rooms. I also need to find jake and the neverland pirates bedding for them. I don't know what to do about wall color and stuff yet.

snugglebutter 01-20-2013 12:33 PM

No nursery here because of cosleeping, but we are shifting the older kids around and will be moving our oldest into the guest room. That is going to be a lot of work!

cdeweese 01-21-2013 05:33 AM

We're moving the beginning of July and having to sell our house so no nursery here :(

WVflipflopmama 01-21-2013 09:25 AM

We won't have a nursery either. I plan on co-sleeping and we don't have the space. We will also be moving. I'm planning a beachy/mermaid/underwater theme for Ivy's things since she will be sharing with us and my bedroom is beachy stuff.

Lisathena 01-21-2013 11:12 AM

Well this will be #5 and it will sleep in a crib w/ the boys (almost 2 and almost 4) and they will have bunk beds. the room is painted a sage green on the top 3/4 and tan the bottom w/ a white chair rail. we do not do dressers in the room so there is the beds and a bookshelf. But baby will be in a cosleeper in our room for a few months SO i wont do anything until next summer....like buy a bunk bed for the boys! LOL

MommaLEB 01-21-2013 08:11 PM

We are putting both in one room for now. We painted (it was pink when we moved in, it's now green) already. I have everything picked out right down to curtains and art. We'll be using spring break and some of our tax refund to get everything. I'm really excited because I spent a lot of time planning it out.

My only problem is I'm not sure where I'm going to nurse.