Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Breastfeeding other's children (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483167)

gina1921 01-19-2013 10:39 AM

Breastfeeding other's children

I have some weird desire to breastfeed other people's children. I won't have another of my own. I have breastfed my 16yo for her first 7 mo and now my 18 mo old currently. When I hold a friend's baby and it gets upset, I want to give it my breast. It's almost a reaction and I have to remember it's not appropriate. When I was on vacation and miserably pumping, I was dying for a child to nurse. Anybody's! Sometimes I think about a daycare where I could breastfeed the children like a milk maid. Note: I am never going to do this because the truth is, I like a glass of wine and look forward to not having to worry about timing. However, why do I have this nurturing feeling toward other children? I want every cry to be comforted with a boob. Is it just me? Has anyone else experienced wanting to breastfeed other children?

l_Kimmie_l 01-19-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Breastfeeding other's children

I have breastfed other people's children. My friend and I used to feed each other's babies. If the baby cried, it got fed by who ever picked it up.

gina1921 01-19-2013 11:10 AM

That is so comforting that that type of relationship can exist!

l_Kimmie_l 01-19-2013 12:27 PM

It was wonderful. We again have babies about the same age 15 years later. We are still friends and BF. It is an amazing relationship.

gina1921 01-20-2013 08:11 AM

Wow! My DD was 14 when DD2 was born. How cool that you have a BF to help you through the teenager years and babies too!

l_Kimmie_l 01-20-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gina1921 (Post 16181937)
Wow! My DD was 14 when DD2 was born. How cool that you have a BF to help you through the teenager years and babies too!

It is really cool to think we had our first babies days apart and our last babies weeks apart. She had her second when her first was 15 months old, My second did not come till my 1st was 11 years old, then I had DS3 when DS2 was 15 months old. So I did the same thing she did with her first with my 2nd and 3rd...LOL! Then she had her last baby in March and I had my 4th in April last year. So she did what I did between her oldest 2 and last one that I did with my first 2. It is too funny. We both have been there done it, just at different times. SHe helps me and I help her.

lizxvx 01-20-2013 10:26 AM

I was just talking to my husband about this today! There was a baby crying and the mother was just letting it cry and cry. :( I told my husband that I wish I could just go pick up that sweet baby and give it my breast. He looked at me like I was crazy!

l_Kimmie_l 01-20-2013 10:33 AM

I have this issue too. If I hear someone with a baby crying nonstop, my boobs tell me to feed it...LOL!! Except my DH tells me to go offer as someone should be...LOL!

Sydsmom 01-20-2013 01:29 PM

Yes!! You're not alone.. Honestly it's probably instinctual... Just like the second DS starts to fuss.... Here comes the bewb.

gina1921 01-20-2013 01:39 PM

Thanks for sharing! My husband is pretty grossed out by me wanting to comfort crying babies, etc, and even my friends have given me a look when I tell them it's hard not to breastfeed their children when they get upset and I'm holding them. I'm going to say that my instinct is what is natural and views in the US just are what they are. Fair enough :)?