Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What to do when fitteds and wool don't work? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483187)

Ebeuchat 01-19-2013 01:07 PM

What to do when fitteds and wool don't work?

I've used fitteds and wool or fleece coves overnight for 2 wks because my 13 mo old was peeing out of sposies.I got some bububebe and sbish fitteds and stuffed them with and. extra mf insert, an infant prefold, and a flip trainer pad (just what I had on hand, LOL). Dd could barely close her legs! I also topped it with a fleece liner because the wetness bothers her. Even with all of this I have to get up at 2am to change her because she is soaked or uncomfortable! Any ideas?

mamamarisa 01-19-2013 01:17 PM

Re: What to do when fitteds and wool don't work?

how long is she sleeping? When ds was littler we always had to change at night no matter what, he was a 14 hr a night sleeper. i went to our cding store and they recommended babykicks hemp inserts, they are awesomely absorbant for how trim they are, if i were you i would stack 3 of them in a pocket and try that to see how long you can go, they are seriously not bulky at all and dont have compression leaks like mf does.

Ebeuchat 01-19-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamarisa (Post 16179203)
how long is she sleeping? When ds was littler we always had to change at night no matter what, he was a 14 hr a night sleeper. i went to our cding store and they recommended babykicks hemp inserts, they are awesomely absorbant for how trim they are, if i were you i would stack 3 of them in a pocket and try that to see how long you can go, they are seriously not bulky at all and dont have compression leaks like mf does.

She still wakes up every 3-4 hrs at night :(. She wears stay dry pockets and aio during the day, so I think she's especially sensitive to wetness!

ashleyg103 01-19-2013 03:16 PM

I use 4.0s stuffed with a thirsties hemp prefold and babykicks hemp insert. but my boys go to bed in a regular pocket with microfiber then I change them the first time they wake up to this combo, if not they are soaked by morning, they nurse about 3 times a night.

mrsbernstein 01-19-2013 03:32 PM

That's a LOT of padding to over-pee.

Have they been prepped beyond believe? To their MAX absorbancy?

MrsB

nonipie 01-19-2013 03:40 PM

I think it's actually too much so it's leaking. I would not use microfiber at all for nights if you have a heavy wetter. I would try something like a pocket so she could be dry with a Flip organic and 2 Hemp Babies doublers. Maybe then out the wool or fleece PJs over that.

Ebeuchat 01-19-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbernstein (Post 16179613)
That's a LOT of padding to over-pee.

Have they been prepped beyond believe? To their MAX absorbancy?

MrsB

I think so, I bought the fitteds used...

Hungry Caterpillar 01-19-2013 03:42 PM

Don't stuff the sbish fitteds. They will be very absorbent after five washes. I think you are over complicating it.

Ebeuchat 01-19-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 16179638)
I think it's actually too much so it's leaking. I would not use microfiber at all for nights if you have a heavy wetter. I would try something like a pocket so she could be dry with a Flip organic and 2 Hemp Babies doublers. Maybe then out the wool or fleece PJs over that.

I tried the flip organic inserts and sold them because they didn't work well. Maybe I just neeed some doublers?

Ebeuchat 01-19-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16179649)
Don't stuff the sbish fitteds. They will be very absorbent after five washes. I think you are over complicating it.

These are older fitteds bought off of fsot. Is there anything I need to do to prep them?