Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Grovia AIO vs BGE (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483266)

crunchyNurseMommy 01-19-2013 05:18 PM

Grovia AIO vs BGE

How does the fit & absorbency compare for a 30 pound toddler??

Action pics?

holocene 01-19-2013 06:57 PM

Re: Grovia AIO vs BGE

I found Grovia AIO to be too slim in the back for my kiddo. But - he has sort of a booty. (something he CLEARLY inherited from his father, and not me...)

I think they are comparable in absorbency, but I've always preferred the fit of BGE.
I recently bought some Simplex OS, have you tried these yet? I like them quite a bit!

holocene 01-19-2013 06:58 PM

Oh - My guy is 28lbs and 20 months. I don't have any Grovia's on hand, and my sister has all of my BGE's. So I won't be able to help you out with action pics.

SaraElise 01-19-2013 07:04 PM

GroVia's are much slimmer, and more narrow cut in the crotch. I found absorbancy to be comparable (though I haven't yet used either on a 30lb kid since mine are tiny and potty train before they hit that weight).

I think it comes down to shape of the child, I liked the cut of BG's on my boys (we only tried a few BGE's, but didn't like how bulky they were, but I like the cut of BG diapers in general better on them) and LOVE GroVia's on my daughter, but she is a peanut at only 23lbs at 24 months. They were the only AIO that fit her tiny shape well.

MomBecks 01-19-2013 07:04 PM

Grovias fit best on skinny LOs IME. My DD fits much better in BGE or Simplex OS. I think absorbency wise they're pretty comparable.

Saharan 01-19-2013 08:38 PM

Grovia aio were like a thong on my son...haha. He also leaked out of every single side snapping diaper I tried on him. I prefer bge but find they fit weird on the highest rise. I think my fav are sized simplex and nana's bottoms.

hilaryisinked 01-19-2013 08:52 PM

GroVia are way smaller than BGE

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

FernHollow 01-19-2013 09:11 PM

Grovia left the most wicked red marks for my son. They didn't fit my now 3yo who is super skinny when he was 2 and only like 25lbs. BGEs have fit from 2 weeks old to age 3 for my kids. Totally love everything about them except that my 17mo has gotten so sensitive to polyester that he can no longer wear PUL.

TrennaII 01-19-2013 09:32 PM

Funny we had a different experience. Little man is 30 lb, wearing 18 or 24 month clothes. I couldn't get a good fit out of BGE, they were lumpy on either rise setting that would have worked, and so hard to wash or dry. Grovia fit more smoothly and we didn't even use the longest rise setting, there was a lot of room to grow. I loved the way the extra doubler snaps in, so it washed and dried well. I actually laid it in on top instead of snapping it in, so for a poo it was like a liner and easy to clean.

TrennaII 01-19-2013 09:37 PM

Some pics. They're sagging cuz they're full of sea water.

Attachment 131072

Attachment 131073