Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (
-   -   Flips organic or GMD prefolds? (

2wonderfulboys 01-19-2013 06:10 PM

Flips organic or GMD prefolds?
Which do you prefer and why :)

ArmyWifeBethany 01-19-2013 06:59 PM

GMD, hands down. They are much softer and more affordable, which was important to me. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nonipie 01-19-2013 07:09 PM

Re: Flips organic or GMD prefolds?
Well I love both since they are so different. The Flip is not a traditional prefold so it really only works as a trifold insert. It's OS so can be used from about 10-12 lbs to PLing. GMD are sized cotton twill prefolds so I can wrap them and pin/snappi/boingo them or trifold. Love GMD but the absorbancy is not even close to equivalent. Flip organics are SO thirsty. I have been able to use them as a very reliable night diaper for all 3 of my children. I certainly can't use one GMD for nights but with a couple doublers it might work. They both have a place in my stash and serve different purposes.

badmisterkitty 01-19-2013 07:11 PM

Tough call. I like both for different reasons. Organics will be ever so slightly trimmer esp as baby gets bigger. Organics are more absorbant in my opinion. They ate great for nights too. I have both gmds & organics because an organic is almost too much diaper for my non-heavy wetters for daytime use. Organics are generally only trifolded too. Gmd are sized for a better fit.

2wonderfulboys 01-19-2013 07:38 PM

What size pf does a flip insert compare to? Anyone have a pic?

nonipie 01-19-2013 07:44 PM

It's closest to a red I think. It's divided in 6 little squares though with the idea that you can fold it one way to make it shorter, maybe a little wider for younger babies and fold it the other way and get it longer for an older baby/toddler.

beansie19 01-23-2013 09:24 PM

GMD! So soft and fluffy, and more breathable. The flips just seem heavier or more dense. Not as trim as I thought they would be.