Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Aristocrat wool soakers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483311)

jason&jilliansmama 01-19-2013 06:25 PM

Aristocrat wool soakers

I just tried this on my DD the other night to see if it fits. It does fit, but it's so so so bulky I don't know how I'll get pyjamss (or anything for that matter) over top!! I want to love wool, I was gifted a few wool soakers but where I live is cold and we need pants!!!

Those of you who have used these, or similar, please tell me what you pair it with!!!

momma_dna 01-19-2013 06:51 PM

I haven't personally used them, but maybe try going up a size in pj bottoms?

nonipie 01-19-2013 06:54 PM

Re: Aristocrat wool soakers

I've never had a problem getting fleece or cotton footy pjs over a soaker. What diaper are you using underneath?

jason&jilliansmama 01-19-2013 07:23 PM

The other night was a bamboozle. I put it on, then put on the soaker and was just like "ok this isn't going to happen" and ended up using a thirsties cover instead.

alicenwonderland 01-19-2013 09:27 PM

I usually use wool as the pants. I just put on a shirt. But i guess you might want more on in the winter time. Should fit under loose footy pajamas though.

jason&jilliansmama 01-19-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicenwonderland
I usually use wool as the pants. I just put on a shirt. But i guess you might want more on in the winter time. Should fit under loose footy pajamas though.

Is that the general idea of wool? To use in place of pants? That'll be great in the summer, but not so much in the winter!!

willowmom 01-19-2013 11:58 PM

not that this helps with the woolies you have, but...longies and a shirt...i figure that's why they make em...I have to put on looser pjs with a wool cover, though not aristocrats.

kinderreruns 01-20-2013 12:12 AM

They make long leg wool soakers that are great for the winter months. I have used the short ones with a sleepsac or sleepbag. They make these in larger sizes than newborn now as well as different thicknesses. I have a growbag that is more like a thin comforter that is great on chilli nights or when we travel home to the northern states to visit family.

c&w's mama 01-20-2013 01:32 AM

we use disana wool leggings (huge- they look like pants to me) over wool soakers. If I didn't have those, I'd size up daytime longies and put them over (use the next winter's daytime longies over a soaker that currently fits). DS doesn't keep a blanket on so that's all we use. He has never worn pjs (so no help there).

jason&jilliansmama 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

The sleep sack is a great idea. I've got one of those. It's fleece. These sockets were gifted to me, so I should assume they need washing/lanolizing right? Is baby wash a good soap to use? And lanolin - just the stuff in the tube (lansinoh)?