Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NB fitteds coverless? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483356)

dagmomma 01-19-2013 08:58 PM

NB fitteds coverless?

I live down south. Baby is due in April which is HOT! I like baby to have breathability but we can not due wool. I am thinking of getting fleece but I really like cover less with some baby legs.

What are some great fitteds to go coverless with for NB? Can I go coverless with WHs?

oh and I do not want huge bulk either bc If I decide to use it at night and need to put a cover on.

tomandkara 01-19-2013 10:18 PM

Re: NB fitteds coverless?

I make hybrid newborn fitteds! I have heard from customers that they last coverless anywhere between 1 and 4 hours!

trying4more 01-19-2013 10:36 PM

workhorse, NO! I tried that. DD pee'd right through it just as fast as the pee was coming out!

cassmama 01-20-2013 12:05 AM

I second the advice against WHs. I snappi a red PF plus a preemie PF folded in half and DD still wets through pretty quickly

dagmomma 01-20-2013 08:33 AM

SO I am thinking WHs may possily be out. I could just use flats instead but I here so many wonderful things about the WHs and I want them so bad lol.

MDever 01-20-2013 08:51 AM

Can I ask why you can't use wool? I far prefer wool over anything else and frankly do not like fleece at all. My babies tend to run very hot and we live in Maryland so we have hazy, hot, and humid summer weather and the fleece was hot. With wool their bum is always cool in summer.

dagmomma 01-20-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever (Post 16182075)
Can I ask why you can't use wool? I far prefer wool over anything else and frankly do not like fleece at all. My babies tend to run very hot and we live in Maryland so we have hazy, hot, and humid summer weather and the fleece was hot. With wool their bum is always cool in summer.

I have an allergy to wool. I was in denial and bought a whole stash of wool for my 2 boys. They were fine I was not. Then I got wool breast pads for me and it was a crazy skin rash that went away after I took wool away. The rash was on dd face in the hospital and on me. Once I stopped using them they went away. I think it is more an allergy to actual lanolin bc I also get a rash when I pet sheep. After I visit a farm and I pet the sheep my hand immediately swells up.

It is sad bc I love woolies so much:cry:

momma_dna 01-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma

I have an allergy to wool. I was in denial and bought a whole stash of wool for my 2 boys. They were fine I was not. Then I got wool breast pads for me and it was a crazy skin rash that went away after I took wool away. The rash was on dd face in the hospital and on me. Once I stopped using them they went away. I think it is more an allergy to actual lanolin bc I also get a rash when I pet sheep. After I visit a farm and I pet the sheep my hand immediately swells up.

It is sad bc I love woolies so much:cry:

That is sad. I love our wool so much. We will be using WHs and wool for this baby, we are in FL. You could try fleece or get PUL covers which side snap to provide better airflow.

dagmomma 01-20-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma_dna (Post 16182767)
That is sad. I love our wool so much. We will be using WHs and wool for this baby, we are in FL. You could try fleece or get PUL covers which side snap to provide better airflow.

I know! It is sad. I love seeing all the cute customs and LOVE sbish!!!!

But oh well. I will give fleece a go--not for always. But I may try some thicker fitteds just for day. I am thinking sbish, or a custom.

My babies seem to get smaller and smaller so I am worried about fitteds that start at 7lbs and thinking I need something smaller.

foggierbard9 01-20-2013 01:05 PM

I made most of our diaper stash and used flats and prefolds to fill in the holes. DD was born at the end of May last year and we did coverless with our DDU fitteds and EZDipe2 fitteds that I made, and then also with flats in a kite fold with a preemie doubler, or orange GMD snappied on. She peed so often that I just changed as soon as wet and we never had an issue. At night, we would just use a diaper with more absorbency or add a doubler and then put a cover over the top. We changed once or twice in the middle of the night until she was about a month old, and then we switched diapers and she would stay in the same diaper all night.