Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Sharp pains down there? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483437)

steph410 01-20-2013 10:11 AM

Sharp pains down there?

I'm 29 weeks and over the past few days I have had some alarming sharp pains down there (I guess you would say right in the vaginal area). The first time I was walking outside in the cold and it stopped me in my tracks. I was super worried because it felt just like the very initial pains before my water broke with other pregnancies.

Has anyone else been having these? It's like a knife stabbing down there suddenly without any warning- usually when walking around. Do you think I should call my doctor or just wait until my appointment this week?

thanks!

mibarra 01-20-2013 10:14 AM

If it's scaring you then call. That's what they're there for! I THINK this happened during my 2nd pregnancy and I just needed some extra belly support. But I always call when in doubt! :)

kansasgirl 01-20-2013 10:31 AM

Re: Sharp pains down there?

I had the EXACT same pains during my pregnancy with my son. He's 7 weeks old now. I can't remember when they started but I know it happened frequently in my 3rd trimester. I remember describing it to my doctor exactly as you did, as if knives were stabbing me inside my vag. She was not worried about it at all and said it is actually typical, especially during a second pregnancy (which it was for me). However, if it is worrying you, like the poster above, I'd advise to call your doctor as well.

Sarah-B 01-20-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansasgirl
I had the EXACT same pains during my pregnancy with my son. He's 7 weeks old now. I can't remember when they started but I know it happened frequently in my 3rd trimester. I remember describing it to my doctor exactly as you did, as if knives were stabbing me inside my vag. She was not worried about it at all and said it is actually typical, especially during a second pregnancy (which it was for me). However, if it is worrying you, like the poster above, I'd advise to call your doctor as well.

This exactly. I had those feelings too. Lightening crotch my friend called it lol.

But if your concerned mothers intuition is best call the dr or midwife

Congrats on your new baby

canadianbakers 01-20-2013 12:29 PM

I have had that with all of my pregnancies - it's just from baby's head or hands or feet bumping the inside of the cervix. :)
But, I'm a big believe in mommy intuition too. If it's worrying you, give your MW a call or at least mention it at your next appt.

TCKmom 01-20-2013 08:33 PM

I had this some towards the end of the pregnancy with number 1. I have been experiencing this frequently for the past few weeks already this time around (I'm a little over 27 weeks right now). It is usually accompanied by movement from baby and my doctor said that it's because she's hitting/pushing on nerves and other things connected to my nerves down there. Hurts like crazy but the doctor said not to worry. I would still call and ask though or bring it up at your next appointment if you are concerned. Always better to ask and know for sure.