Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Jan 20th - 26th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483473)

canadianbakers 01-20-2013 12:25 PM

Chat Thread ~ Jan 20th - 26th

:cowwave:

Sorry it's taken me a few hours longer than normal to get the new thread up - my computer's plug-in quit and so it won't charge at all, can't turn it on! Getting it fixed this week, but not sure when it'll be done. Had to wait until we came to DH's parents' house after church to pop on here for a minute!

canadianbakers 01-20-2013 01:20 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 20th - 26th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai18176 (Post 16177867)
My Dr. wasn't super thrilled with me declining the glucose test, but decided that she would be ok with it if I did a finger prick each time, which I'm ok with. My only risk is twins, and my glucose is always super good, so I'm not worried about that. Also supposed to get 4 hours of feet up/ lie down time everyday. Thankfully I have someone who started helping us last week, and it's going well so far.
27 weeks tomorrow! Starting to get excited :)

Finger prick each appt you mean? I'd be okay with that, I guess. I don't really see being worried about it if you have no history of GD with your other pregnancies. It's not like it's your first or second one, kwim?

:yay: I'm 28 weeks today!!! Can't believe it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor (Post 16178100)
I am worried about that this time. If I drink a regular coke I get a headache fast. DH said it could be a sign I'm not processing the sugar well?! I can drink coke zero fine...

Ours here is three hours if you fail the one hour. :/ ugh

Good luck :crossfingers: Ours is a 3hr if you fail the 1hr, too. :yuck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport (Post 16178711)
Im not starting to get excited. Im not....not excited, but i just know how rough it will be for all of us and i dread tge first 8w pp with newbie and add two fighting preschoolers to that.......ugh.
Im also nervous about a homebirth. Handling the pain, mostly. Buying a bigger car, too. Im not excited about that stuff.

:bighug: I understand not being really excited with all that other stuff swirling around in your head. Try not to worry too much about the other kids with baby - it'll work out.
Honestly, tell yourself now that it is okay to have someone crying and need to wait - and sometimes that someone is the baby. When we had three, they were 3.5yrs, 1.5yrs, and the baby. It was tough some days. Some days there was ALWAYS someone crying. But it worked out. We made it. And, looking back, even with the hard days, it was so much fun and totally worth it! It will be okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16179058)
I'm excited about this baby, but mostly I just want to be done worrying about DD's childcare during labor. That is what I'm fixated on.

Sorry... I like my home, my bed, my groceries, my life. But everyone else seems to think that if DH is gone for even 6 weeks, I should prefer to live in someone else's house and rearrange my life to fit their schedule.

:bighug: to you, too. I think part of it, too, is that it is different when it's not the first baby. With the first, that's ALL you have to look forward to - getting ready for baby, buying things, and baby coming. With the others, there's all ready a baby there (or an older kid, but really they're all always your baby!) to do things with and deal with and have to plan for. It's different, that's all. But that's okay. :)

I totally agree with you about that last bit - as long as you're feeling fine with things, there's no reason they should be making you feel like you should do any different. It's your choice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 16180196)
Me too. I'm fixated on DH finding a job!!! Not even thinking too much about baby yet except anxiety about being breech....

:bighug: Still got my :crossfingers: for you guys.

AFM: In town for now - had church and now at in-laws for lunch and visiting. DD has a "make up" skating lesson today (we've had to cancel the past 2 weeks and this Friday as well) at 5pm, so I've got to get the kids back and to the rink for that. I think DH is going to stay in town and go to a course with his mom - our pastor is also a college professor and each year he teaches one or 2 courses at the church, once a week for a couple hours, for a few months. Normally it wouldn't bother me - I'll just stay in town and have supper with FIL then take the kids home, but tonight I have to deal with the skating stuff. Ah well, I'll manage.

BIL and his wife are apparently going to try to get here sometime tonight - probably very late, so we won't be able to see them. Not sure what our plans will look like for the week with them here. I don't want the kids to miss school... but I also don't want them to miss seeing their aunt and uncle and cousins. It would be one thing if we saw them often, but we haven't seen them in over 3 years... so we'll see how things go.

And, like I said above - 28 weeks today! :wub: I honestly can't believe I'm here, with Hiccup bouncing and kicking away inside me, healthy and whole... it's just... surreal.
One year ago, today, we had our second u/s with Elliana - the last time we saw her alive. It's just absolutely amazing that we're here... from there.

EmilytheStrange 01-20-2013 10:59 PM

Nothing to really report here. Still traveling.

Has anyone had feelings like they were gonna go into labor early and actually do it? With DD, I expected to be a couple weeks late and went into labor on her due date (so no anecdotal evidence there). This baby, I swear, I feel like I'll be giving birth in March. But that's just silly right? Lol.

I mean, it's within the realm of possible even for full term since I'm 'due' April 7 (guesstimated my LMP cause I didn't really know, but only by a couple days).

Maybe it's cause my doula is going on vacation in March and my brain has fixated on it. I dunno, but I've been having early delivery dreams for weeks and just feel like I'm gonna go early.

Just silly thoughts :)

Left my family and now we're with the inlaws. Having to eat my own advice and just let it go that grandma was feeding DD fruit and popsicles when it was already past her bedtime. Thats what grandparents do, right? Lol. Ah well.

They are very excited that she's here. I do love seeing people love on my kid. we have a whole new host of habits to break when we get home, but some things I prolly just need to be more lenient about anyways.

EmilytheStrange 01-20-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
And, like I said above - 28 weeks today! :wub: I honestly can't believe I'm here, with Hiccup bouncing and kicking away inside me, healthy and whole... it's just... surreal.
One year ago, today, we had our second u/s with Elliana - the last time we saw her alive. It's just absolutely amazing that we're here... from there.

Yay! So blessed!

I am loving the movements as well. Being pregnant is oddly healing. Babies are truly a blessing.

mibarra 01-21-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16184770)

Has anyone had feelings like they were gonna go into labor early and actually do it? With DD, I expected to be a couple weeks late and went into labor on her due date (so no anecdotal evidence there). This baby, I swear, I feel like I'll be giving birth in March. But that's just silly right? Lol.

With DD1 and her twin I felt very strongly we weren't going to make it to my scheduled 34 weeks c-section, and DD1 was delivered at 31 weeks, but that situation was totally different.

DD2 I didn't have any feelings either way.

I'm April 3rd but really feel like this will be a March baby too. Time will tell! :)

momneedssupport 01-21-2013 08:16 AM

Im betting on mar 31st here. Thats only a few day early though.....april 3rd, too. He's been consistently measuring a lil big. My first was 10 days early, second was 1 day late......so who knows. Actually, my ob had #2 due nov 28th and she came the 24th.....so technically early, but i used my lmp the whole time......edd nov 23th.

Snoooooze, i know.

EmilytheStrange 01-21-2013 08:24 AM

I knew it was unlikely :)

Maybe it's just my inner fears of my doula being out of town.

dagmomma 01-21-2013 08:27 AM

I honestly think I will go 2 weeks early. I went earlier and earlier with each baby. DD was due Aug 12 and I had her on the 1st.

So I am honestly searching for itty bitty diapers atm. I know it is a risk but lol I am going insane searching for things!

KendallMarie 01-21-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16184770)
Has anyone had feelings like they were gonna go into labor early and actually do it?

Well as this is my first I haven't done it obviously... but I'm sure this little one is coming on April 12.... he's due the 17th. But my Mother (who has finally decided she does want to be there for the birth) has to be out of town that day. Actually it was supposed to be my parents and Aunt basicly the entire maternal side of my family but I veto-ed my Dad going (he didn't want to anyway.)

Amusingly half my Uncles are also offering to come stay with me to try and get out of having to go as well. I told them my Dad and my planned birth coach.

MrsCrafty 01-21-2013 09:07 AM

Yea I've been having some random cramping I never had with DS, but I was induced early for medical reasons with him so I have no idea when he would have come on his own!

I'm trying to get my house in order today, then I can start doing more on Aubrees room. I also want to go through my diapers. I've been buying some here and there and I have WaY too many OS pockets already :giggle: baby isn't even here and I need to thin my stash. I think I have a problem!