Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Postpartum Gift Ideas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483619)

Janine 01-20-2013 06:49 PM

Postpartum Gift Ideas?

I'm looking to get some gifts for one of my pregnant friends. She has all the baby stuff she could need, so I thought it might be nice to get her some special things just for her. I'm getting her a breastfeeding book, and some Booby Toobs. But I wanted to get her some other stuff too. Anyone have any things that they loved postpartum? Maybe some soothing creams, or something that was helpful when breastfeeding, or something else? Any ideas are welcome. She isn't very "crunchy", so things like cloth pads would probably be out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

MyLovely 01-20-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Postpartum Gift Ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janine (Post 16183990)
I'm looking to get some gifts for one of my pregnant friends. She has all the baby stuff she could need, so I thought it might be nice to get her some special things just for her. I'm getting her a breastfeeding book, and some Booby Toobs. But I wanted to get her some other stuff too. Anyone have any things that they loved postpartum? Maybe some soothing creams, or something that was helpful when breastfeeding, or something else? Any ideas are welcome. She isn't very "crunchy", so things like cloth pads would probably be out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Could you get her a gift certificate for a 30 minute massage, or a facial or something? I'm sure she'd love to be pampered! I know you live in a high COL area, so if all those places are too expensive, maybe some bath stuff for home. Is she a reader? Maybe a gift card for a book store would be nice.

doulamomma 01-20-2013 07:16 PM

A nice water bottle, healthy snacks. I'm always so thirsty and hungry while bfing immediately pp. lotion and bath stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum

bradcher 01-20-2013 07:26 PM

Trail mix is what i lived on while up all night. gift card for a place with meals to go like apple bees curb side pick up.

Green Decals 01-21-2013 07:59 AM

Snacks and a water bottle, for sure! Lansinoh, hand lotion, a nice nursing tank (hides the postpartum belly, great under a shirt - and less "personal" than a bra but serves the same purpose).

ss456 01-21-2013 11:08 AM

I absolutely LOVE Earth Mama Angel Baby brand Mama Bottom Balm. It is so soothing for any soreness down there, and SO much more effective than anything the hospital gave me!

mommycass 01-21-2013 02:33 PM

Insulated, easy to clean, water bottle; lansinoh; sleep nursing bras or nursing tanks(love my tanks for breastfeeding while out), and Tucks pads were great for right after birthing! Maybe a nursing necklace? They have new silicone type ones that are cute and safe for baby to teeth on. www.jellystonedesigns.com:)

MrsCrafty 01-21-2013 03:21 PM

Home cooked meal? My sister recently had a baby and her fav thing after was people bringing them real meals :goodvibes:

karlitacat 01-22-2013 07:48 PM

Definitely snacks/meals so she doesn't have to cook! I'm dreading keeping up with cooking - and the rest of the housework - when #3 comes next month. Since I layer for nursing, tank tops are GREAT - I can never have too many! A little indulgent treat, like dark chocolate or a favorite dessert, would also be nice. :) Does she have a favorite magazine? Probably no time to read an actual book, but she could flip through the pages during feedings.

d_arnold 01-25-2013 12:01 PM

Dinner! Seriously, I loved all the meals our friends brought after DD was born. I hardly had energy to make myself a sandwich let alone try to cook a meal.

Also, it was nice for someone to come over and hold the baby while I showered or took a nap.

Those gel pads that you can heat or cool for engorged breasts were also a lifesaver in the beginning.