Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Anyone else already making an inventory of what you'll need. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483822)

tentrevival 01-21-2013 12:27 PM

Anyone else already making an inventory of what you'll need.

I have this running commentary in my head of what we need to get and do and what we already have. This is my fourth baby, but my third was stillborn, so none of her stuff has been used. Some is gender neutral, some not. Some is stuff I don't like any more, and some was too sentimentally from her to use for another baby. I have experience with this by now, but it's different every time too. Anyone else already making lists?

sweetgrace 01-21-2013 04:54 PM

Re: Anyone else already making an inventory of what you'll need.

Yup, list maker here! :) I definately have started a list. Although, we are going to 'try' to do this on the cheap this time! Not sure how but were gonna try.

ChelseaGirl7 01-23-2013 09:13 PM

I have been making mental notes, we probaly won't be buying/spending that much. I guess mine are going needs, then wants in order of priority. ;)

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone

munchkin6508 01-23-2013 09:20 PM

I have a list of things we need for birth and babe. Luckily with taxes, I'll be able to grab all of it pretty much at once. Minus clothes. We're waiting for garage sales and I'll be sewing some stuff this time around.

raymark 01-24-2013 11:36 AM

I have all girl stuff from my first pregnancy (2 girls in '09). I can't wait to find out if I'm expecting 1 or 2.

I've been buying stuff, mostly gn diapers, for a few months. The girls had GN swings, bouncy seats, high chairs, & infant car seats so I don't need to make any big purchases. I will have to use the mesh tents that keep cats out of cribs this time because we have a new cat that literally tears up the carpeting at our bedroom door whenever he is shut out. We can't keep our bedroom door closed without letting the cat in grrrrr! And, I cannot fathom not having new babies in our room with us for several months.

MSmith88 01-24-2013 03:48 PM

Oh most certainly. DD is only 15 months (almost) so we have a ton of stuff already but there will be a couple boy items we would want to get if we end up having a boy!

But in general my list is:

NB diapers
baby carrier
double stroller
new diaper bag
booster chair for table for dd
new breast pump

I am sure I will be adding to this list!

MegTrib 02-23-2013 04:40 PM

We just got home from our local CDing store!! We picked up some new 4.0's, nb lil joeys, & sophia the giraffe!
Our youngest will be over 4 when Baby arrives, so we need lots of baby items. We are also planning a homebirth, so we need things for that as well.

sonatalady7 02-26-2013 02:52 PM

This is my first...so we need EVERYTHING!!! I started a board on pinterest to keep track of the things that I've see that I like! :)

I'm hoping to do this with the least amount of 'stuff'...but we'll see how that goes! We don't have a huge house, so lots of unnecessary baby stuff will take over our space very easily!!

I'm a list lover too...so not only do I have a registry list going...I also have a list of things that I want to get finished around the house before the baby arrives!! :-D

NewAgeBaby 02-26-2013 06:34 PM

this is my first, so i need A LOT. i've started a registry, as well as mental notes about how i want to set up the baby room, but we live in an apartment, so there isn't much space to accumulate too much. that's why i'm starting the list now. i want to get the best of everything i NEED so i don't waste money re-purchasing things, and i'm trying to be smart about needs vs. wants.

MegTrib 02-27-2013 08:52 AM

On Monday (at 9weeks 5days) we bought Baby's car seat! Lol. Call me crazy, but we are having a homebirth, which will eat up costs later, so getting big baby items now ;) .