Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help me sastify my sweet cravings w/o chocolate! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14840)

yellowcampcat 06-16-2006 08:45 AM

Help me sastify my sweet cravings w/o chocolate!

So between 23 and 27 weeks (last month) I gained 7 lbs. That is way over what I gained with my dd at that stage, and I think it might have something to do with eating a whole half-gallon of turkey hill chocolate peanut butter ice cream before bed over the course of 7-10 days.:blush:

Any ideas on how I can satisfy my cravings for a before bed snack in a more healthy way?

Thanks.

bethanyjoy 06-16-2006 09:00 AM

Re: Help me sastify my sweet cravings w/o chocolate!

Would you be able to satisfy yourself with a smaller serving size? Ice cream isn't all bad...but a half-gallon might be problem! :giggle:

I love fruit smoothies...fruit and yogurt...fruit and cottage cheese...fruit is a great source of sugar that also gives some nutrients!

Kimmomy2dom 06-16-2006 09:03 AM

Ohhh...ice cream! I need to get more from the Schwan's man, LOL. I'm not much help - but eating in moderation (if you're not) would help some. Other than that, could you try frozen yogurt instead? I like fruit, too - and have been eating it a lot - you can try that but I find nothing replaces chocolate, LOL. So you could try chocolate frozen yogurt, or something with a little less calories in it and see how it goes. I'm totally not a health nut or anything, though, so my ideas aren't always the best! :)

Christy 06-16-2006 09:13 AM

I was going to say frozen yogurt too. Loved that when I was pregnant. :)

Samantha 06-16-2006 09:17 AM

Maybe eat a smaller portion and not RIGHT before bed. Maybe eat it right after dinner so it has time to digest?

Its not chocolate but I have been loving gobstoppers as a little sugar "fix"

I agree with bethany about the fruit too. I Have been mixing fruit into plane yougurt and its yummy!

myajdw 06-16-2006 10:16 AM

not just any fruit satisfies my sweet tooth i've had...only oranges and orange juice. delicious. or try satisfying it with maybe a slice of angel food or shortcake with strawberries, cool whip and DRIZZLED w/a small amount of chocalate. that will satisfy the sweet w/few calories and you'll still get your chocalate.

bfoster2000 06-16-2006 01:48 PM

Two things:
1. Fruit
2. Don't sweat it.

For me, the weight gain always seems to go in spurts. Like with DJ, I gained 9 pounds in 2 weeks once...but only gained about 25 pounds overall (that was after having lost about 10 in the beginning). This time, the most I've gained is 6 pounds in 2 weeks but I'm not even up 20 pounds overall. I figure (within reason of course) I might as well enjoy it now while I can...I know as soon as the baby's born my MIL will be on my case about Weight Watchers again! :)

Manna00 06-16-2006 01:58 PM

My favorite right now is taking Minute Maid berry punch and putting it in a plastic cup and freezing it. It freezes just right so you can take a spoon and make a "slushee" out of it. Oh, so good. It gives me a lot more satisfaction than just gulping down a glass of punch--that's for sure!

rds989 06-16-2006 02:47 PM

Haagen Daz makes fantastic chocolate sorbet. Fat & dairy free. Hard to find, but maybe you can get some online. It's GREAT!

GrowingUpMad 06-17-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
Ohhh...ice cream! I need to get more from the Schwan's man, LOL.

How childish are dh and I? Everytime we see his truck we yell out "Nice Schwans" and crack up. It's been years and we still do it and find it halarious.

As for cravings, a small piece of rich chocolate does the trick. I also love fruit when I want sweets. Try sorbet or italian ice or sherbert if it is more of an ice cream craving, they are lower in fat.