Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Best Carrier for Breastfeeding? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484158)

annaintheglen 01-22-2013 12:03 PM

Best Carrier for Breastfeeding?

Hi! Could anyone please tell me what brands of carriers are best (or easy) for breastfeeding? I have been researching Boba 3G, Beco Gemini, Action Baby Carrier and Olives and Applesauce. Any advice would be appreciated :)

MDever 01-22-2013 12:06 PM

Re: Best Carrier for Breastfeeding?

I really think more of this has to do with the size and shape of your breast than a particular carrier. I am very "voluptuous":chuckle: and I have tried countless carriers over the years and 4 babies but could never really get it hands free.

Mom2jandb 01-22-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDever
I really think more of this has to do with the size and shape of your breast than a particular carrier. I am very "voluptuous":chuckle: and I have tried countless carriers over the years and 4 babies but could never really get it hands free.

ITA. Even dropping baby down to thigh level, I still have to lift my breast a couple of inches and point my nipple the right direction. Sigh. I also have a super short torso which makes it harder to line up baby and boob.

urbanhomesteader 01-23-2013 07:24 PM

We make it work in the Pikkolo. I loosen the shoulder straps to get him to the right height, but there is a little squashing. This only started to work after 5 months or so.

ForevergreenOrganics 01-23-2013 10:44 PM

A woven wrap is the best

sharper75 01-25-2013 06:51 PM

I have some luck in the boba 3G but I'm large breasted and I have to sort of hold my boob while she nurses, lol - but I love the carrier!

shureeg 01-25-2013 10:30 PM

I love my ring sling to nurse in. Im a perky (in my eyes)c cup.

luvinmybaby! 01-31-2013 10:32 PM

I have a Boba 3G and have had success BF in it. I just slightly loosen the bottom strap to drop it down some, then loosen the underarm straps to give a little more space for the baby's head for placement, and I slide the carrier to the side a little to whichever side I breastfeed on. I can use the hood as a cover if I don't have anything else, although it does not provide complete coverage if you are modest like me. Make sure whatever carrier you BF in you are able to keep an eye on the baby's airway passages.

LaurenAppenzeller 01-31-2013 10:53 PM

Ring sling!! I could walk around for hours nursing in a ring sling. I always bring it when wrre gonna be out shopping or whatever bc I dont have to stop and sit and the tail acts as a cover when you flip it up over baby's head