Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I ready to lose and need help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484190)

slyeates 01-22-2013 12:35 PM

I ready to lose and need help

I am ready and determined to lose all this weight!

I bought 30 day shred yesterday and did the first workout yesterday evening. I will reward myself with body revolution after the 30 day shred. I am also going to go back to walking my son to school and walking to pick him up (1/4 mile each way). I started driving and got stuck in the habit and ease for the past couple months.

I loaded my fitness pal on my iPad, but I am not sure how to factor in nursing a 12 month old. She nurses 6-8 x day still.

So I have 108 pounds to lose. That will put me dead middle of the healthy weight range for my height. I really need support as i struggle with chronic fatigue and depression. I know there are several groups here that are full of awesome moms wanting to take me in, but I am not sure where I fit in, so I thought I would just open myself to all of you. :)

Who's with me?

NotLad 01-22-2013 12:45 PM

Re: I ready to lose and need help

Any chance you could fit in Weight Watchers? You would REALLY benefit from the meetings. You'll find support there like no where else.

d_arnold 01-22-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotLad (Post 16191190)
Any chance you could fit in Weight Watchers? You would REALLY benefit from the meetings. You'll find support there like no where else.

I agree. WW meetings are full of support. I started WW a month ago and I REALLY like it. I was successful on the program about 10 years ago as well (lost 30 lbs). I love that you can still eat whatever you want, but in moderation.

mamatoclaire 01-22-2013 12:55 PM

I'm in the 25 lb challenge thread and it's great! I'm sure whichever group you find you'll get lots of support :) DS mamas are great!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

slyeates 01-22-2013 01:28 PM

I've tried weight watchers several times. The closest mommy and me is 45 minutes away and it is at 10:30 am. My son goes to special needs school from 10:50-2:50. This might sound weird, but the one time I religiously went to we meetings for almost 6 months I lost about 20 pounds, but I really feel like sitting around for an hour talking about food and looking at pictures of food that I couldn't eat was killing me. The leader would bring in bags of candy and say things like "eating this equals 5 pounds of fat" but all I was doing was drooling over the candy Kwim? I gained it back and then some in a month. Plus it was next door to a restaurant that I really liked, so after talking about food for an hour I was starving when I would leave so I would go eat lunch at the restaurant... :sadno:

Well, on a brighter note, I did my 30 day shred workout since I posted the op. :yay:

MinkaK 01-22-2013 02:33 PM

Good for you! The best thing I did was join the Ymca ( cheapest option for a gym for us). Like today I took the kids swimming then dropped them off in the childcare and exercised for an hour. I did like the 30ds but I get bored easily, even with all the videos I have-ha.

slyeates 01-22-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinkaK
Good for you! The best thing I did was join the Ymca ( cheapest option for a gym for us). Like today I took the kids swimming then dropped them off in the childcare and exercised for an hour. I did like the 30ds but I get bored easily, even with all the videos I have-ha.

I've thought about joining the y. How does their child care work? Do they have an age range? Does is cost extra?

slyeates 01-22-2013 02:58 PM

So on my fitness pal, it tells you the percentage of carbs, fat, and protein that you have eaten for the day. What should they be? Equal? Protein heavy? I don't even want to share what mine is so far today.... But I have stayed on track to not go over my calories!

MinkaK 01-22-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyeates (Post 16191724)
I've thought about joining the y. How does their child care work? Do they have an age range? Does is cost extra?

Age range is I think 3m- until 8 yrs ( I believe). No extra cost. Mine all have a separate area for the little ones. You just sign them in, let the kids play and sign them out. The childcare ( at least at my gyms) are in big glass rooms, very visible. They close our childcare at a certain ratio of kids to providers- so that is nice otherwise it can get crazy in there.

slyeates 01-22-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinkaK

Age range is I think 3m- until 8 yrs ( I believe). No extra cost. Mine all have a separate area for the little ones. You just sign them in, let the kids play and sign them out. The childcare ( at least at my gyms) are in big glass rooms, very visible. They close our childcare at a certain ratio of kids to providers- so that is nice otherwise it can get crazy in there.

Thank! I'll definitely have to look into it!