Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   My mirena story *possible trigger* ~update pg 4~ (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484215)

3 kids = complete family 01-22-2013 01:34 PM

My mirena story *possible trigger* ~update pg 4~

HI I am trying to get the word out about mirena migration and I never thought I'd be one of the statics...

If you'd like to read my story I welcome you to do so, it can be viewed in my blog

Just a warning, I fully describe what happened in details, so it does get graphic, which is why I put a trigger warning in the title.

missydawn 01-22-2013 01:41 PM

Re: My mirena story *possible trigger*

:hugs:

megenic 01-22-2013 01:48 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you mama!

I also had an IUD perforate my uterus. I was lucky in that I didn't get pregnant, and it went into my abdomen, but I ended up having 2 miscarriages after its removal before conceiving DD2. Perhaps I would have had those mc anyway...but maybe not. I had to have surgery as well to have mine removed.

I know the statistics are that most people will be fine with these, but I always advise against them when asked my opinion.

I hope you heal well, both physically and emotionally :hugs:

RunawayBunny 01-22-2013 02:08 PM

:hugs: thank you for sharing.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-22-2013 02:39 PM

I'm sorry mama:hugs:

3 kids = complete family 01-22-2013 02:43 PM

Thanks mamas, I really think it is important to hear from someone who actually went through it and not just a statisic. I knew from the pamphlet that I received when I got the mirena, that the possibilty was there for perforation and migration, but figured with the #s being so low that it would never happen to me. But everything that I read said upon insertation it could perforate/migrate....nothing about spontanoius migration. Everything was fine with me until my bout of a stomach bug.

My goal was to prevent pregnancy, but once I found out I had 2 sacs (and got over the shock of this happening) Mommy mode kicked in and I wanted nothing more that protect the baby(babies) inside me.

I just hope no one else has to be put through this physical and emotional toll that my dh and I have been through since September and now every single day.

MotherMoonPads 01-22-2013 02:56 PM

I'm so sorry! :hugs:

I had a Paraguard IUD that slipped into my cervix (kind of caught halfway). That was such an incredibly scary experience to go through, I just can't even imagine. I'm so sorry for your losses.

momof3boys1girl 01-22-2013 03:02 PM

im so sorry mama for your loss and all the pain the IUD caused you :( I hope you are healing both physically and emotionally.

If it were me id prob find a new ob yours pushing you a way from a tubal and towards an IUD when you knew you were done doesnt really make sense to me.

3 kids = complete family 01-22-2013 03:09 PM

Yes, I have since found another ob... I thought it wasn't very professional

I am doing better now than just a couple months (even weeks) ago. I put on a tough face in front of everyone when inside I was a complete emotional mess. I've healed alot these last couple weeks just from sharing with others and hearing of other's situations.

3 kids = complete family 01-22-2013 03:11 PM

I thank you all for allowing me to share the story behind my mirena. oh and my husband has since got a vascetomy (he doesn't want me to have to endure anymore medical procedures - me either!)