Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   birth control (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484301)

Scarlett's mommy 01-22-2013 05:20 PM

I have my 6 week appointment the first week of February and need to make a decision about birth control. I've never taken or used any birth control except condoms and withdrawal. I've done a little research and am considering either an iud or a diaphragm. My dh plans to get a vasectomy but I want him to wait a while to really make sure we are done. So I want something I can use long term until we decide about that. So tell me all you know personal experiences ect.

Eta: I'm nursing if that makes a difference.

Scarlett's mommy 01-23-2013 08:48 AM

Nobody? ?

Emmers22185 01-23-2013 12:12 PM

I just got an iud- best choice for us right now. If you want someone to talk to Angelica you can send me a message through our FB group. I had problems taking the Camila last time (remembering is hard when you have littlest who are not on your schedule) and we won't be ready for another for a while.

3 kids = complete family 01-23-2013 12:23 PM

Re: birth control

I did not have luck with an iud (mirena) - I know I'm in the minority, however reading the risks I figured with the % being really low of failing I would be ok. I wasn't my iud spontanously migrated, wound up pregnant with twins, then just after accepting the pregnancy and being truely excited, I miscarried. And I also needed surgery to remove the iud and now I am dealing with the after affects of the iud. I know you wanted personal experiences so I gave you mine.
We have never used any other type of b/c for a long period of time otherwise.
My husband just got his "V" done a couple months ago, best decision for us as we are done having kids

If you want you can read my blog - it has the whole story of my iud - it is very blunt and descriptive though

Scarlett's mommy 01-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 kids = complete family (Post 16195657)
I did not have luck with an iud (mirena) - I know I'm in the minority, however reading the risks I figured with the % being really low of failing I would be ok. I wasn't my iud spontanously migrated, wound up pregnant with twins, then just after accepting the pregnancy and being truely excited, I miscarried. And I also needed surgery to remove the iud and now I am dealing with the after affects of the iud. I know you wanted personal experiences so I gave you mine.
We have never used any other type of b/c for a long period of time otherwise.
My husband just got his "V" done a couple months ago, best decision for us as we are done having kids

If you want you can read my blog - it has the whole story of my iud - it is very blunt and descriptive though

Omg I'm so so sorry. that is terrifying :(

solobluedancer 01-23-2013 10:35 PM

Also, there are new reccommendations that if you decide on an iud (which I don't think you should get) you should wait at least 12 weeks pp

Almacham 02-05-2013 06:49 PM

I think paraguard is hormone free (IUD). I can't handle hormonal BC!

lemon.extract 03-13-2013 07:14 PM

I am looking into nexplanon(formally known as implanon). It is safe, doesn't effect milk supply, just a tiny rod in your arm and is good for three years.

rchamberlain 03-13-2013 07:24 PM

All hormonal BC gives me cardiac symptoms, so after 3 kids we still do "hats" (condoms). I'm done, DH wants more, so until we agree on a Vasectomy, condoms are the only thing I trust.

l_Kimmie_l 03-14-2013 09:39 AM

I had the Paragaurd IUD after Quinn. I knew I might not be done, but wanted something nonhormonal that would last a long time. I loved it. I had heavy cycles before kids and they did not get worse with it, so that was not a problem. I loved it. I could not feel it and neither could DH. It was fool proof for the 2 years I had it. I got pregnant the 2nd cycle I had it out.