Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stay dry in Flips? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484392)

MothyrGrimm 01-22-2013 11:36 PM

I want to try Flips or Diaper Safari covers, but need something stay dry and for a heavy wetter. Any suggestions? I'd hate to waste a bunch of fleece to cut up for liners and then still have to add doublers....

I also heard the Flip stay dry's stink and are hard to clean?

fluffycheeks 01-22-2013 11:49 PM

Re: Stay dry in Flips?

Thirsties Hemp Inserts are stay dry and hold a lot more than FLIP stay dry IMO.

crunchyNurseMommy 01-22-2013 11:49 PM

Diaper safari has a stay dry lined prefold. So does osocozy :)

MothyrGrimm 01-22-2013 11:56 PM

Ok sorry for the dumb question, but how does a random insert or prefold work in a Flip? I thinknk I'm just not understanding the concept of them. Lol

Is it literally JUST a cover? Like bummis or thirsties?

crunchyNurseMommy 01-22-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm
Ok sorry for the dumb question, but how does a random insert or prefold work in a Flip? I thinknk I'm just not understanding the concept of them. Lol

Is it literally JUST a cover? Like bummis or thirsties?

Yes. They have flaps to tuck the prefold under but those work so so. A great cover though!

MothyrGrimm 01-23-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy (Post 16193732)

Yes. They have flaps to tuck the prefold under but those work so so. A great cover though!

Well dang, with all the Flip love you think they'd change themselves. ;)

How do Flips make things trim though? If it's just a regular ol cover shouldn't it be the same?

crunchyNurseMommy 01-23-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm

Well dang, with all the Flip love you think they'd change themselves. ;)

How do Flips make things trim though? If it's just a regular ol cover shouldn't it be the same?

I wish they would change & wash themselves :)
I don't think they make anything trim. It depends on what you stuff them with. Maybe trimmer than other combos. Flip cover with a pad folded flat is about as trim as a disposable diaper as I can he with a heavy wetting son :)

MamaBearof4 01-23-2013 02:58 AM

I use Flip stay dry with my heavy wetter. I have had one leak and that was user error on my part. I have not had any issues with stink and I wash every other day. They are also very trim IMO.

ajk0308 01-23-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBearof4
I use Flip stay dry with my heavy wetter. I have had one leak and that was user error on my part. I have not had any issues with stink and I wash every other day. They are also very trim IMO.

Exactly this...
I use the Flip stay dry inserts with Flip covers and Diaper Safari covers every day. Have never had leak or smelly issues.

MothyrGrimm 01-23-2013 10:03 AM

Ooooh that's encouraging, maybe I will take the plunge and try a couple then. It'd be great to have more then just BG pockets when I'm feeling bored with out routine. :)