Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Wednesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484418)

~whitehologram~ 01-23-2013 03:54 AM

Basically it's Wednesday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431
We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 01-23-2013 04:01 AM

Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16192185)
:wave:

Tuesday's done! Whew. I wish I knew why Tuesdays were so hard for my students. :headscratch:

Glad to head that the chart is working for MH, Jen!

Sorry that Shannon tried to be sneaky so she wouldn't have to do her homework. :(

Cheryl, I am sorry that your mornings aren't working for you right now. In terms of consequences, what would really happen if you DID make the girls walk to school in this weather? They have winter clothes. Our students played outside for 40 minutes today at lunch, and it was 1*F with a windchill of -15*F. Several kids in my class didn't have snow pants, and no one died. :giggle: Might be just the ticket, actually.

Time for a decaf and some dessert before doing planning and working on report cards.

I have to say I agree...I'd have to enforce the harshest punishment to get the kids back on track. If the threat was to walk to school then just once it'd have to happen. It wouldn't be pretty but it'd make sure they understood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 16192625)
ahh what a day. Cheyl i hear ya on getting ready grr. so we had another plumbing situation today luckily i remedied it however it was particularly disgusting i wont divulge all the details but lets just say i ended up standing on top of the toilet with a plunger and i had to change my clothe and wipe down the walls with bleach after :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 16192779)
i should add bob watched me the whole time

Oh yuck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 16192797)
One thing you might find with lessons for your kids, and this isn't necessarily a pro for Rosie, they really stress listening, following directions, and respect. There is NO messing around, the horses are $$$ and kids not listening or messing around the horses can get people hurt or horses hurt. It is $30/lesson for us, but Bella loves it. And it is nice for me to see her joyful (and following directions lol) But yeah, horses are not cheap. Says the person that is doing what she can not to buy one but realllly wants one.

Here lessons are 25 per lesson...which is why my kids cant have lessons. I mean it'd be 75 per week 4 times a month...I just dont have 300 for the kids to "Play" with some horses. Because they are never going to be professional riders so it'd only be playing. That's more than double what I earn in a month!

I feel sad they wont get to experience it but that's how it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16192890)
Sorry about the plumbing Kari! :eek:

I did some planning for tomorrow. Made a revision sheet about perimeter. Entered some comments into report cards. Fun fun fun! Now I am watching Dance Moms because my brain is fried and I don't want to mess anyone's report card up inadvertently. :/

Cheryl, you might want to make sure you can enforce the walk to school thing before it gets too too warm. :giggle2: That way they would know you CAN enforce it, and it might make the, think twice. Or maybe not. Who knows!

I made carrot soup for supper, and while good, I am kinda still hungry. Hmmm.

Yes...maybe wait a bit but be sure that it's still cold enough for them to really not want it to happen again any time soon.

I love soup too but it really doesn't fill me up for long.

~whitehologram~ 01-23-2013 04:07 AM

jwjbbrown 01-23-2013 05:00 AM

thanks Janine, she will love that today.

How did we get from here
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...44357402_n.jpg

to here
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...77209092_n.jpg

~whitehologram~ 01-23-2013 05:29 AM

She's a beautiful girl. Sweet, intelligent, and loving. You can be very proud. You and Jerry are great parents. You have a very special daughter!

cherylchoo 01-23-2013 05:41 AM

Happy Birthday Mary Helen!

:needcoffee: So far the morning is going good. Ginger will probably be totally done and ready before she would have eaten breakfast in the past. Rosie, we shall have to see, but so far ahead of schedule. Ian is still asleep, he had a rough night. I am not sure I can take him anywhere yet today.

Feel ya on the cost of extracurriculars of multiples Janine. Here most of the activities last 2-3 months, and you pay upfront. And they all start at the same time, so 2 or 3x for 2 or 3 kids. If Rosie goes to horse lessons this summer, then she wont get to do anything else. I try to stick with city classes so they are cheaper, but still having three of them makes it difficult to juggle sometimes.

redgirlsmama 01-23-2013 05:48 AM

:happybirthday: second cousin niece! :giggle:
Janine, fwiw I am very happy that the lessons are two hours away. It is only on rare occasions that we go up for lessons, when it is nice we try and do hers here. SIL is good about making Bella listen and telling her what to do. I doubt that I would do all of them in weekly lessons!

jacksmommy1 01-23-2013 06:10 AM

Happy Birthday MH!!!!!!!

Walker just ate an entire banana no joke.

So Walker went to the audiologist yesterday to have a hearing test before his tubes. In one ear he has moderate to severe hearing loss and in the other moderate:( she was pretty confident tubes will solve the problem. She also said he can only hear muffled sounds

cherylchoo 01-23-2013 06:22 AM

Kari I had tubes in my ears for years. I had my hearing tested last summer and they said I was in the top 1% of hearing ability. So it may very likely be true.

Yeah, kids acitivities are the bane of my existences. They average out per month not a terrible expense, but like I said we wind up paying a lot up front every September, November, January, March, June. Totally messes up the budget numbers, LOL. With the city stuff it is afterschool thus less draining on time and gas. And I don't even have to juggle sports team practices and games, yet. It will be a nightmare when they are teens.

Speaking of, I was just thinking the other day as once again I was juggling the hot water capacity between kid baths, dishwasher, and clothes washer, that we should probably invest in a on-demand hot water heater before they become teens. It's already hard enough juggling with five people (the hot water heater is small for this size house), I can't imagine with three teenagers. Ugh.

~whitehologram~ 01-23-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 16194119)
Happy Birthday MH!!!!!!!

Walker just ate an entire banana no joke.

So Walker went to the audiologist yesterday to have a hearing test before his tubes. In one ear he has moderate to severe hearing loss and in the other moderate:( she was pretty confident tubes will solve the problem. She also said he can only hear muffled sounds

That's great Kari...I'm really pleased you found this out so early. He'll be fine with his tubes and getting them done earlier will help him a lot. You know how delayed Fynn was. He's caught up so fast now. You'd never know he has them.

I'm sure you dont feel happy about them right now but it is good news :hugs: