Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   rash/bite/no idea (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484453)

dorajoan 01-23-2013 08:44 AM

rash/bite/no idea

My dd is almost 8 months and has never had a rash before. Today when I changed her for the first time I noticed two red spots on her thigh - outside the diaper zone. They are round and flat with no center or anything... Then a couple hours later when I was nursing her I noticed a few more on her side/abdomen and one bigger one around on her back. There aren't a lot and they're spread out, so it doesn't seem like a rash, but they don't look like bites. She's been on amoxicillin for about 5 days for an ear infection, but she's had that before with no reaction. When I google all that come up are rashes with little tiny spots...these are bigger - like this big _ to this big ___

Any ideas?

mibarra 01-23-2013 09:38 AM

My DDs sometimes get these at the tail end of being sick. My ped calls it a viral rash. It usually goes away in a day or two.

thoennes6 01-24-2013 11:23 AM

Re: rash/bite/no idea

My son became allergic to amoxicilian(sp) He had taken it before but the last time he took it 3 days into the treatment he got a rash. The doctor told us it was an allergic reaction. For my son he seems to develop and allergy to something the longer he is exposed to it.

dorajoan 01-26-2013 11:13 AM

Thanks everyone! I took her to the dr. just in case because it was getting worse and it turns out it was a reaction to the medicine! Just thought I'd update!

Palooka 01-26-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoennes6 (Post 16200029)
My son became allergic to amoxicilian(sp) He had taken it before but the last time he took it 3 days into the treatment he got a rash. The doctor told us it was an allergic reaction. For my son he seems to develop and allergy to something the longer he is exposed to it.

Was it an itching rash? Our soon has been on amoxycillin for a few days and he had a rash, but the nurse said it is called "non-allergic amoxycillin rash." It doesn't itch and he doesn't have to stop taking it.

dorajoan 01-26-2013 01:11 PM

My dds didn't itch, but my dr said we should go ahead and call her penicillin allergic...that said, it wasn't really such a severe reaction, so she's probably just being cautious.

Spunkify 01-26-2013 01:37 PM

Can you take a picture?

dorajoan 01-26-2013 01:50 PM

I'm so sorry! I would but they're gone! She stopped the medicine on Thursday and they were gone by Friday night. The first time she took amoxicillin she had some bumps that looked like hives, and they would come and go within 10 minutes. The dr. said that was a more normal reaction. So what hives look like...little round red (but not super super bright red) bumps that are flat but slightly raised, was what she had. And it wasn't in rash formation - they were just kind of in random clumps around her body. A couple on her stomach, a couple on her back, thigh, some near her armpit, etc. Does this help at all? Let me know if I can give more information!