Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Newborn stash planning anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484525)

s@hmommy 01-23-2013 12:31 PM

Newborn stash planning anyone?

Is anyone trying to plan their nb stash yet? I am so worried about it! Gah! We didn't start cding until ds was around 6 months and even then I had trouble finding what we loved. I want to keep it simple, but I like sized, so I don't even know if that is possible. We are considering THX nb diapers, sunbabies size 1 and 2, then prefolds and some sized covers to fill in the gaps. We can't afford to spend a fortune, so I knixed our original plan to do all Nana's bottoms even though they are my absolute favorite diapers. I can't justify spending that much and then the extra dry cycles they require. I am going to be stressing over this for way too long!

stevensmom 01-23-2013 12:33 PM

Re: Newborn stash planning anyone?

I'm going to be getting some Ashar fitteds either from a friend or through a group buy...they are nice and cheap!

then probably some new GMD workhorses.

I really want to find some AIOs that are aplix with the newborn swoop or snap down. We used BG nb on dd but that was at 2 weeks when her cord was off.

And then I'll be making a few pair of woolies for baby

AmberP 01-23-2013 02:18 PM

I think I am sticking with infant prefolds, thirsties and wool. I've started knitting a couple covers-- 2 pairs of longies and 1 soaker, plus I have all of DS's stuff. I'm not above putting a girl in blue LOL.

Monkeymamaof2 01-23-2013 03:38 PM

I plan on buying 4 nb Rumparooz some osocozy prefolds and hopefully I can find some sm dream eze fitteds on here. Along with me making at least 6 newborn wool snap covers (from old wool sweaters) ,10 nb flannel snappiable fitteds, 10 knit and bamboo fleece and sherpa inner fitteds, and then because I want to be super prepared if baby grows a lot within the first weeks I plan on making the same in size small :) and since I'm a knit-aholic I hope to have at least 4 soakers and 6 pairs of longies <-because I like the house to feel like an ice box in the summer. Oh and plenty of cloth wipes :) Now all I need is my energy back and I will mos def post pictures of my finished stash. I can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MonkeyBean415 01-23-2013 04:08 PM

I still have a bunch of fitteds, prefitteds and prefolds from DD so we'll likely just use those. I can't resist buying more woolies though :giggle: We CDed from day one with DD and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Just a lot of laundry ;)

sisu 01-23-2013 06:17 PM

I'm kind of a lazy CDer, I think I'm going to go with a mostly AIO stash, and maybe use some prefolds, too. There's something really sweet about a newborn in a prefold. :wub: I have Thirsties XS AIOs, BG XS, and newborn Simplex saved from my other kids, probably some other stuff that I don't remember, too. I'm not counting on the BGs though, they didn't fit either of my kids well. :(

Is August too warm for woolies?

KatieB621 01-23-2013 08:12 PM

I need to get some more nb and small dipes. It's on my to do list. I have bought some material to make some fitteds to just use a snappi to close with (don't want to fiddle with snaps in the middle of the night) and I need some infant prefolds. I have plenty of thirsties covers (xs and duos), so now I just need more stuff to put under them. :giggle: I've always borrowed the itty bitty stuff from my older sis, but can't do that this time since she's pg again too (due in June)!

missydawn 01-23-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 (Post 16197145)
I'm kind of a lazy CDer, I think I'm going to go with a mostly AIO stash, and maybe use some prefolds, too. There's something really sweet about a newborn in a prefold. :wub: I have Thirsties XS AIOs, BG XS, and newborn Simplex saved from my other kids, probably some other stuff that I don't remember, too. I'm not counting on the BGs though, they didn't fit either of my kids well. :(

Is August too warm for woolies?

I am doing pretty much aio as well. I tried aton things with ds and I just loved aio and pockets the most.

I am thinking about some bg, lil joey, and maybe glory4love. I found the last one on esty so I am still trying to find some more reviews on them.

stevensmom 01-23-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missydawn (Post 16197917)
I am doing pretty much aio as well. I tried aton things with ds and I just loved aio and pockets the most.

I am thinking about some bg, lil joey, and maybe glory4love. I found the last one on esty so I am still trying to find some more reviews on them.

we are an aio family...I just wish they had ones with the cord swoop in aplix :(

mvp529 01-23-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missydawn

I can't really even think of my dipes since I have this move first. But I currently use gmd workhorse- which I LOVE, and motherease fitteds with wool covers. I also have some fb's and greenbees pockets. I have small bamboo motherease Sandies which I also love. Just not sure yet what I will need or buy. But I do want some more wool.