Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do you hide your cravings from your older children? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484612)

3 ladybugs 01-23-2013 02:55 PM

How do you hide your cravings from your older children?

My son is 4. I can't walk into the kitchen without him wanting whatever I am getting. Seriously he says he is hungry ALL THE TIME. I can just imagine what our food budget is going to be when he is a teenager! :yikes:

Anyway, I have not one but 2 boxes of mallowmars in my cupboard right now. If it were up to me I would down at least one box in a New York minute. However I want my son to have real food. Mallowmars are a lot of things but real, isn't it!

So how do you eat food that you are craving and not indulge your children in your bad habits?

MakingHome 01-23-2013 03:14 PM

Re: How do you hide your cravings from your older children?

Honestly? :-/

Kids follow the example of their parents, particularly in this area of eating. So... to me.... it sounds like the "eat a box of mallowbars" craving needs to be nipped in the bud so that you don't pass on really crummy eating habits to your little guy.

And yes... I'm about to have our 5th son... I too am anticipating being eaten out of house and home. ;)

stevensmom 01-23-2013 03:15 PM

stash a box in your master bath...and tell him you have to go potty!

cdeweese 01-23-2013 03:19 PM

I totally still do cravings and since your boy is a boy, pregnancy cravings aren't something he'll ever have to deal with ;) I do my craving thing after bedtime. I don't know how you'd really nip pregnancy cravings in the bud, but I definitely wouldn't be eating it while he's around :giggle:

mommy2sammy 01-23-2013 03:20 PM

We do it after bedtime!

That's when all the junk food comes out!

3 ladybugs 01-23-2013 03:41 PM

Ugg! I don't have a master bath (not that it would matter because DS is able to visit mommy or daddy in the bathroom) and I go to bed at the same time as DS. :cry: I guess I need to figure out something else.

My pregnancies always bring out the junk. This is my 5th (3rd to get this far) and all of them are like this. I have the stains on the couch (now basement couch) to prove it. :hide:

stevensmom 01-23-2013 03:42 PM

does he nap? or have quiet time away from you?

3 ladybugs 01-23-2013 03:46 PM

Mama is only 12 weeks. She needs her nap too. :laugh: I do have a spot to put some food in my room but I am trying not to make as big of a mess in bed as I made on that poor couch. :hide: I think I would be up there more when DH is home if we had a TV up there.

Brandy1010 01-23-2013 04:11 PM

Lol I gjess it is a matter kf which is important.. Cravings or sleep! Ha ha!

I havent even thought about this... Ds is 3 and is the exact same way! Oh no! Maybe I wont have cravings? I didnt last time!

hcokasil 01-23-2013 05:18 PM

I just tell my Kids that sometimes grownups get things kids don't...that said, I often still try to sneak it because I am trying to set a good example! But it's soooo hard when you're pregnant!

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!