Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Taking unisom AND b6 for morning sickness? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484636)

Brandy1010 01-23-2013 04:06 PM

Taking unisom AND b6 for morning sickness?

My OB advised me when I was pregnant with my son, 4 years ago, to take b6 and if that didnt help try 1/2 of a unisom. I didnt assume she meant together. I ended up on zofran and hospitalized anyways bc of the severity of my morning sickness.

I was reading online that they only work if you take them together. Anyone tried this? Did it work for you?

I would just call my OB, but she doesnt practice anymore :( and my new OB is opening a new womans center but it hasnt opened yet, so he isnt in the office. Just the lady answering the phone, and she doesnt have a CLUE about anything I ask. Lol I still have another week before they open!

Anyways, morning sickness has reared its awful ugly head. I need some kind of relief until then.

I am already chewing big red gum, ginger everything isnt working, small frequent meal, yada yada yada. I have been down this road, You get the picture. Lol

I am trying the b6 and unisom tonight. I just want some reassurance from someone that it will work! It HAS to work! Lol

Sorry if this comes off snarky, not meaning for it to, I just dont feel well. :(

craigwick 01-23-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Taking unisom AND b6 for morning sickness?

Actually that is probably right, I'm in Canada and here we have a drug called Diclectin which is the combo of the 2 in one extended release pill. So, def. taken at the same time! I'm not sure how much of each is in each pill, but the normal dose is 2 at bedtime and 1 twice a day, but my OB has okayed me to take 2 pills 4 times a day and that is finally working most of the time! Hope it works for you too.

The Fancy Pansy 01-23-2013 05:02 PM

You can use them separately, but they work best together.

I swear by seabands, though. I was their biggest skeptic until I tried them.

shan1212 01-23-2013 05:21 PM

I took unisom + B6 during my last pregnancy. It was about as effective as phenergan, IMO. I hope it helps you!

Just be careful taking it if you need to drive or watch your child(ren) because it will make you sleepy.

MommaLEB 01-23-2013 05:46 PM

They do work best together. For some people it's enough, for others not. It's definitely a good starting point though. I hope it ends up being enough for you!

mousemommyx4 01-23-2013 05:49 PM

Worked for me! I took them together. I had hyperemesis with all four of my pregnancies. Hang in there!

Brandy1010 01-23-2013 06:05 PM

Thank yall SO much!!! I really hope it helps me! If not, this is SO my last pregnancy! Lol As much as I hate even considering that, my body is just to sensitive to the hormone, and each day is a struggle. I hate it so much for DS.

Where can I buy sea bands? Amazon?

The Fancy Pansy 01-23-2013 07:35 PM

You can get sea bands at Wal-Mart, target, Amazon...pretty much anywhere.

Docs Wife 01-23-2013 07:47 PM

B6/unisom combo was always the first line treatment for my hyperemesis. I had to take a whole unison with the B6. The other thing that was always mentioned is that I guess there are different types/forms of unisom, make sure you take the original regular strength one....tiny blue pill.

cdeweese 01-23-2013 07:55 PM

The combo made me REALLY restless and nervous. I couldn't calm down while I was taking them. The sea bands also did nothing for me. I just get really sick haha! Zofran is the best, but I need to be laying down with my eyes closed for it to really take.