Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   DC says delivered - but buyer says no package (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484649)

fish3737 01-23-2013 04:34 PM

DC says delivered - but buyer says no package

Refresh me . . .

This is Ebay not on here.

Buyer purchased from me on Friday night. Messaged me on Saturday morning to ask why the package hadn't been shipped yet (I put 2 day handling time - but was planning to ship a bunch of stuff of Saturday anyway).

Mailed the item Saturday Priority FRE.

Today the buyer messaged saying that the DC says delivered, but they don't have a package.

I checked DC - it says it was delivered yesterday (22nd). Sort of a miracle anyway because it went from Oregon to New York from Saturday to Tuesday with Sunday, and MLK Monday inbetween.

So anyway - what do I need to do?

TY

stevensmom 01-23-2013 04:35 PM

Re: DC says delivered - but buyer says no package

if you have dc stating that it delivered not much they can do

fish3737 01-23-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16196952)
if you have dc stating that it delivered not much they can do

I think perhaps English is the second language spoken. They want me to see who signed for the package.

But it is DC - I just don't think they understand.

I told them to talk to the postal carrier about a package delivered or check with their neighbors????

I_run_with_scissors 01-23-2013 04:48 PM

if you have DC saying it was delivered then there isnt much to be done really.

sschmelzer 01-23-2013 07:09 PM

It is typical for sellers not to ship until 4-5 days after someone purchases something on Ebay. (at least it seems like 75% of the stuff I have bought on there gets shipped in that time frame) I cannot believe they contacted you the morning after. That is ridiculous.

fish3737 01-23-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sschmelzer (Post 16197603)
It is typical for sellers not to ship until 4-5 days after someone purchases something on Ebay. (at least it seems like 75% of the stuff I have bought on there gets shipped in that time frame) I cannot believe they contacted you the morning after. That is ridiculous.

Yeah - that is what kinda set the tone for the transaction. You know how you get a funny feeling about someone. :headscratch:

tonimk19 01-31-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors (Post 16197016)
if you have DC saying it was delivered then there isnt much to be done really.

this.
It's unfortunate but it means you can try (since it said delivered) filing a claim if you have insurance on it. Otherwise it is gone. Maybe it was delivered to a neighbor and they will bring it over? Wishful thinking. I once lost a GM diaper (very pricey back then) and DC said delievered and it never was. I don't know if someone stole it from my front door (possible as we lived on busy street but it had never happened before or after) or mis-delivered and the person kept it. It sucked but I had no re-course :banghead:

MyNameIsMama 01-31-2013 10:51 AM

I have had this happen a number of times, DC says it was delivered but I never received my package. And I was home so they never knocked or anything. I think postal carriers are getting sloppy, especially FED-EX. During Christmas I never left the house because they would leave packages at the door and not even knock. After pestering the post office they found it, but 4 days after they "delivered" it. Good luck, I would probably believe her though.

fish3737 01-31-2013 09:51 PM

She did find it do all ended well. :)

Chasing Zen 01-31-2013 10:19 PM

Yay! That's great!