Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Carrying low (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484786)

eco-mum 01-24-2013 01:37 AM

Carrying low

So recently I keep getting all sorts of remarks about how low this baby is. I'm pretty sure he's been low the whole time but maybe he has dropped already? Anyways, the people making the comments then say "I don't think he'll be waiting in there for much longer". I'm 33 weeks btw. But do you think how low the baby is or how early they drop really has anything to do with how much longer you'll be pregnant? With DD I didn't drop this early but I still had her 2 weeks early, so I don't have much experience with it. I've also been having a good amount of Braxton hicks, don't know if that plays into anything.

keen1981 01-24-2013 01:47 AM

Dropping is so subjective. You could just be carrying low- dropping might or might not even happen. Ask your on next visit to check if you like. A dropped baby is easy to tell will an exam (and really u can tell) is the head locked Into your pelvis? No shifting?

eco-mum 01-24-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981
Dropping is so subjective. You could just be carrying low- dropping might or might not even happen. Ask your on next visit to check if you like. A dropped baby is easy to tell will an exam (and really u can tell) is the head locked Into your pelvis? No shifting?

I'm not sure, haha. At my appt last week he had finally went from transverse to head down and his head was really low (just above my pubic bone). But I don't know if that means he's locked in or not?

abunchoflemons 01-24-2013 02:00 AM

Re: Carrying low

I think mine dropped early and both my girls were 2 days late.boy I don't know on early or late yet.

Hillargh 01-24-2013 02:55 AM

DS1 was lower than most women look when they drop, /before/ he dropped. I carried so low with him that my belly would rub the top of my lady bits area. When he did drop, I thought he was going to be touching my knees. It was crazy. I knew when he did, simply because my entire belly was suddenly inches lower than the day before LOL. Then the pressure and whatnot. He didn't drop early at all, and was born 40+6.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

swrlgrl105 01-24-2013 08:26 AM

I carried DS really low the whole time too and he never dropped

Rewind_Selector 01-24-2013 08:58 AM

I think people just want something to say. I wouldn't worry.

OrangeBananas 01-24-2013 10:37 AM

I wouldn't worry, I carried quite a few of my little ones very low.

blessedwifenmama 01-24-2013 10:50 AM

With my son, I carried so low that the Dr. couldn't get a shot of his head at my 28 week scan, because it was so deep in my pelvis. He was born full term at 39 1/2 weeks, and I had no dilation prior to going into labor.

Christylkeller 01-24-2013 01:13 PM

I carried low with DS1, SUPER high with DS 2 and DS 4 and in the middle with DD (DS 3 was lost before we could get to that point). I agree with others... people are just making observations and looking for something to comment about. If you aren't feeling a ton of pressure in your pelvic area, then he probably hasn't dropped. None of mine really dropped... Even DS1 was still *floating* when I went into labor.