Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone have a successful sticky bean with a short PLP? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484875)

Pixi6s 01-24-2013 11:06 AM

Anyone have a successful sticky bean with a short PLP?

Hi,

My post lunar phase is about 10 days, not so short that it's impossible but shorter than is preferred. I'm curious if anyone here has had a successful sticky bean who generally had a short PLP?

Thanks!

songbird516 01-24-2013 12:24 PM

Re: Anyone have a successful sticky bean with a short PLP?

Yes :) With my first I ovulated on CD 25 and I had a 34 day cycle the month before and the three previous months the second half of my cycle was only 9-10 days long. At the time I was sure that this meant that I probably wouldn't get pregnant (because we were trying to avoid), but now i know better! I also ovulated on CD 24 or 25 with my son, but I was nursing at the time so lengths were all wonky anyway.

Tina5834 01-24-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird516
Yes :) With my first I ovulated on CD 25 and I had a 34 day cycle the month before and the three previous months the second half of my cycle was only 9-10 days long. At the time I was sure that this meant that I probably wouldn't get pregnant (because we were trying to avoid), but now i know better! I also ovulated on CD 24 or 25 with my son, but I was nursing at the time so lengths were all wonky anyway.

This makes me happy! Thank you.

Christylkeller 01-24-2013 01:05 PM

My LP is 11 days and I have had sticky babies. I think there is a B vitamin that is suppose to help lengthen that part of the cycle by a day or 2. But I can't remember which one, or how much to take. People over in the TTC forum would probably be able to help more! Good luck, momma!

Pixi6s 01-24-2013 02:35 PM

woo! I am taking omega 3-6-9 to help regulate my homones in general. I've only been taking them about 7 weeks though. It has helped ALOT with my FCM, not so much yet with my PLP.

thanks

MommaLEB 01-24-2013 04:29 PM

I charted with my first and mine was 9-11 days routinely. It didn't seem to cause us any problems.

Pixi6s 01-24-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaLEB (Post 16201604)
I charted with my first and mine was 9-11 days routinely. It didn't seem to cause us any problems.

so great to hear thanks! I was a bit freaking out. Now that I have gotten my FCM up and starting learning timing a bit maybe Feb will be our month! So excited :)

snoggle 01-24-2013 08:28 PM

It's Vitamin B6 that is often recommended to lengthen luteal phase.

joeslittlewoman 01-24-2013 08:37 PM

I have, but I always take progesterone as soon as i get a bfp. I never had an issue getting pregnant with my 9 day luteal phase, but I wasn't staying pregnant.

I did have a surprise pregnancy when I started taking GoYin. Lengthened my luteal phase by 5 days, even on the first cycle I took it. I was not taking it for fertility (it isn't in any way marketed for fertility, just as a balancing super fruit supplement), and had always read it wasn't possible to lengthen an LP by that much. Completely shocked me. Gave some to a friend who had fertility issues and she got knocked up the first month. And the lady I bought it from said she is seeing that trend among other "infertile" women.

kanga1622 01-25-2013 05:17 AM

I also tend to have 11 day LP and have been pregnant 4 times. 2 losses and 2 healthy pregnancies. I start on progesterone now as soon as I get a BFP and that keeps baby happy. ;) I swear that is the only reason my babies make it past 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum