Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Waiting on Fluff (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484944)

AmberP 01-24-2013 01:28 PM

Waiting on Fluff

I'm waiting on a Amitola RS shipped from Canada almost two weeks ago and two ring slings from the Sakura Bloom sale last week. The SB's should be here tomorrow and I am getting anxious. These are the first things I've purchased for the baby.

Anyone else waiting on fluff for their August squish?

stevensmom 01-24-2013 03:11 PM

Re: Waiting on Fluff

I'm not buying any fluff until I'm out of the 1st tri...I bought a bunch of diapers when I was pregnant the 2nd time and the day I got the box of diapers I m/c :( Then I bought some nb diapers my last pregnancy, m/c, and then got the diapers :(

so I'm cray cray and don't want to jinx myself (just ask Mindy :giggle2:)

I do have my eyes on a few things that I need to get. And have dibs on some diapers from friends.

I do want to find a new carrier that is sturdier than the moby wrap. I had the moby for dd and it was too stretchy for me :( I do have an ergo, beco, and boba for when baby is a bit older.

AmberP 01-24-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16201306)
I'm not buying any fluff until I'm out of the 1st tri...I bought a bunch of diapers when I was pregnant the 2nd time and the day I got the box of diapers I m/c :( Then I bought some nb diapers my last pregnancy, m/c, and then got the diapers :(

so I'm cray cray and don't want to jinx myself (just ask Mindy :giggle2:)

I do have my eyes on a few things that I need to get. And have dibs on some diapers from friends.

I do want to find a new carrier that is sturdier than the moby wrap. I had the moby for dd and it was too stretchy for me :( I do have an ergo, beco, and boba for when baby is a bit older.

I totally understand not wanting to jinx it :hugs: I was trying so hard not to buy anything until I was out of the 1st trimester AND I had the gender scan because I have loads of stuff around the house, but I figure with the slings, *I* have to wear them, so I don't care if they are girly or boyish. :giggle:

Speaking of Mindy (are her ears burning?), she is the one that recommended ring slings for the newbie and I got totally carried away and blew my budget (and then some). I have a WCMT and a stretchy wrap that I used last time, and I intend on using them again. If I don't have my zara converted, I may attempt to use it too:giggle:

MonkeyBean415 01-24-2013 07:26 PM

I just got a few special prefolds (Little Beetles) in the mail last week. I'm excited to try them- they're super soft and stretchy. I also got an Ellevill bamboo Paisley wrap which is gorgeous. I'm not really getting a whole lot for the baby though. We pretty much have everything we need. The only other thing I really want is a Happy Hangup hammock.

rockrmommy 01-26-2013 06:55 PM

I'm waiting on a nb lot and some regular OS dipes for this squish. I still have a bunch of stuff for my first so as long as I am having another boy, I'll be set.

lalakiwi7 01-26-2013 09:54 PM

I have some nb bamboo fitteds coming :) so... how many newborn diapers is needed for a decent newbie stash?? I am not a prefold type of gal and will mostly be doing fitteds and some aio for hubby... what's a reasonable number??? I am so wanting to buy the snapless newborn sbishs.... they come in a pack of 10 but I can't justify spending that kind of money on diapers.... but i am a little tempted. I will buy a few any way. :)

AleahDeann 01-26-2013 11:11 PM

Waiting on tax returns to buy a few more prefolds, then waiting on gender to buy more :)

AmberP 01-27-2013 01:02 AM

All three of my slings came yesterday and I am most impressed with my SBP Gira Amitola <3 I may even sell the other two LOL

AmberP 01-27-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 (Post 16211223)
I have some nb bamboo fitteds coming :) so... how many newborn diapers is needed for a decent newbie stash?? I am not a prefold type of gal and will mostly be doing fitteds and some aio for hubby... what's a reasonable number??? I am so wanting to buy the snapless newborn sbishs.... they come in a pack of 10 but I can't justify spending that kind of money on diapers.... but i am a little tempted. I will buy a few any way. :)

For me, around 3 dozen. I have 32 infant prefolds and I also had a couple KL0's and it seemed to be plenty to wash every other day.

Tris 01-27-2013 08:55 AM

Those snapless sbish look soooo nice! I wish we had the $$!