Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   PP Bleeding... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485001)

melilo 01-24-2013 04:26 PM

PP Bleeding...

So, I know this is an awesome subject, but what's everyone's plans to handle the pp bleeding??

Last time I just wore whatever the hossy gave me, but I will be on my own this go around.

Don't really want to do mama cloth, probably mostly because I wouldn't want to plunk down the cost. It would also have to have some sort of stay-dry top. I have some minky topped pads that I hate wearing because I feel gross and "wet."

Thoughts? What should I buy? What do you all normally do/prefer?

momneedssupport 01-24-2013 04:56 PM

I dont wanna do mama cloth for the same reason. Im just gonna buy over night heavy pads. Its usually not too heavy after about 6 or so days.

mamatoclaire 01-24-2013 05:02 PM

Sorry for due date crashing, just saw this in current posts. I read on here once that a mama used depends for PP. I thought it was genius! At least better than the mesh panties and huge pads I got from the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

dagmomma 01-24-2013 05:24 PM

Re: PP Bleeding...

I use flats or prefolds. I can not handle regular pads bc I get sore from them or dry. So I just use that.

mibarra 01-24-2013 06:06 PM

I used the super thick scary overnight disposable pads....

melilo 01-24-2013 06:08 PM

Re: PP Bleeding...

Not sure what the mesh panty thing is... explain this, please. I don't want to ruin good undies obviously. Do I buy some cheap ones I don't mind getting ruined. TMI, but things were so MESSY last time. Pads slipped out, leaked, the bed was gross. I don't want that mess again.

rverrone11 01-24-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatoclaire
Sorry for due date crashing, just saw this in current posts. I read on here once that a mama used depends for PP. I thought it was genius! At least better than the mesh panties and huge pads I got from the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I used depends for the first couple of days after DD2 was born...they weren't very comfy but they worked well and I plan on using the rest of the package this time. I then used premie prefolds around the house and for nights, and some mama cloth once the bleeding lightened.

rverrone11 01-24-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melilo
Not sure what the mesh panty thing is... explain this, please. I don't want to ruin good undies obviously. Do I buy some cheap ones I don't mind getting ruined. TMI, but things were so MESSY last time. Pads slipped out, leaked, the bed was gross. I don't want that mess again.

Mesh panties are the ones they give out at hospitals, and you can buy them online. I don't think they are that great. Depends work great.

mibarra 01-24-2013 06:59 PM

I also slept on a dark towel and bought cheapie undies.

kcannon 01-24-2013 07:26 PM

I'm doing mama cloth. Sorry I don't have any good suggestions!