Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   baby girl (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485193)

nettepoet 01-25-2013 08:08 AM

baby girl

i havent been on the boards in a while, but in the meantime i had my first u/s a week and a half ago...im having a baby girl!!!

so, mother's intuition has been right 3 for 3. :) im really happy, i didnt expect to cry, but when i saw her tiny body on the screen i just couldnt help it. she weighed 14 oz --which sounded big for 20 weeks (not that i recall what my others were, but a book i have said something like 9-10oz) anyone else know about this? they didnt change my dates or anything, ill see what my midwife says when i touch base with her next week.

now my nesting has kicked into overdrive and i made my husband construct her dresser thingy, im washing up diapers and planning to sell off/give away a bunch of dipes i dont need from storage, and im just generally EXCITED!

its been a long emotional journey for me since this pregnancy came as a surprise and i felt pretty powerless and overtaken by it. now i cant wait to meet my unexpected, but totally wanted little baby girl.

klevmomma 01-25-2013 08:45 AM

Re: baby girl

Congrats, mama :-) My babe was 13 oz at 20 wk u/s. Babycenter says average is 10.5 oz. My dates weren't changed either (good thing, too, since I know date of conception!). Now we just have to wait for the whole second half :-)

NavyMama 01-25-2013 04:45 PM

I was told 13oz at 20wk 6d - she kind of worried me at first by saying this one might be my biggest baby (my other two were 6-7 lbs), but then realized I was farther along than she thought. I do wonder how accurate it can really be, though. I had a lot of ultrasounds near the end of my first pregnancy due to complications, and the doctor told me he thought I had an 8 lb baby in there. When he was weighed, he came out at 6 1/2. Just a bit of a difference there...

Phaedramekko 01-25-2013 07:34 PM

Congrats! I am also having another girl and like before I was drawn to girly things. I think I just subconciously know, haha. I am 20 weeks and I was told my baby weighed 13oz. My dd came at 36 weeks and she was a nice size for a preterm baby. She was 6lbs 7oz and 19" :)

Keropisunshine23 01-26-2013 02:02 PM

Congrats! I am drawn to girly things but refusing to allow myself to get excited!

nettepoet 01-27-2013 05:34 PM

thank you, mamas!

i read somewhere that mother's intuition is right 75% of the time (but we do start out with a 50% chance, after all!). for each of my kiddos now i have gone ahead and bought them gender specific apparel before i found out for sure, i feel it *that* strongly. of course, then i always end up wondering if ill be wrong and/or disappointed.

at birth DD was 8 lbs 11 oz, DS was 8 lbs 5 oz...im hoping this one isnt over 9 lbs, i guess the good thing is that i wont know so i cant worry ahead of time about how much she'll hurt me! on the pics i got her head looks like my family's typical giant melons, haha. ouch.

i have heard the u/s weight approximations are sometimes wildly incorrect--hope so!

Ms-gurl 02-14-2013 11:34 AM

Yay! Congratulations!