Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   If you left spacing up to god (or chance)... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485487)

MT Momma 01-25-2013 11:39 PM

If you left spacing up to god (or chance)...

How far apart were your children?

It takes me forever to get my period back... (10 months and 13 months) And then I'm pregnant again pretty quickly:blush:, just wondering about your experiences.

AtLeast 01-25-2013 11:50 PM

All my kids are 27m apart, except my last 2 and that was because of a stillbirth. I bf for 18 months and then get pregnant! I get my cycles back around 6-10 months pp, but I don't get pregnant until I've weaned. It's a pretty awesome roller coaster, eh?! No better timing than His.

ktmelody 01-26-2013 12:05 AM

My first 2 were 12 months apart.

Then we had a 5 year gap (on purpose) but did have a few losses when trying to concieve number 3.

Ds and Dd 3 are 21 months apart.

Dd3 and dd4 are 16 months apart.

Dd4 and dd5 are 32 months apart. (We had 3 losses between them though)

Dd5 and dd6 and 25 months apart with 2 losses between them.

Dd6 is 13 months and I have had 2 early losses since she was born.

We are done having biological children now. We cannot handle anymore losses. Dh is scheduled for a vasectomy. We are planning to foster/adopt at the end of this year.

Tris 01-26-2013 12:06 AM

Re: If you left spacing up to god (or chance)...

My first 2 are 15 months apart. We didn't leave it up to God after that :D

aylasmommy 01-26-2013 01:04 AM

Almost exactly three years.

L&MsMamma 01-26-2013 01:11 AM

My DD and DS are 23 months apart. I didn't have a period between the two and was still breast feeding DD so needles to say DS was quite a surprise :)

Dory 01-26-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16207657)
My first 2 are 15 months apart. We didn't leave it up to God after that :D

Exactly that! My older two are 15 months apart, though it want a decision we made to leave it up to God, we just didn't prevent because it took over two years to conceive the oldest, and we assumed we must have some fertility issue.

My older son and younger son are 2 years and 10 months apart, and we were using condoms correctly, but we have our 11 month old anyway! Guess He had other plans than we did :)

abunchoflemons 01-26-2013 01:49 AM

Girl are 6 yrs but cuz not same dad biologically speaking. boy & youngest girl 21monthw apart ish depending on boy arrival. Last was surprise. I bf for 14month then preg even though pp af came back right away. Second girl was like 2 yrs from when we started trying.so hard to conceive... not trying for another & boy was easy & fast....so not sure....

Mom2ManyBlessings 01-26-2013 04:45 PM

We've left it up to God since our 8 year old was bor.. The gaps went like this; 15 months, 17months, 14months, 19 months, 17months, will be 17 months. And this is our last. :)

mmeneely 01-26-2013 04:50 PM

It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.