Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   What do you use Dr. Bronners for? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485572)

pbresolin 01-26-2013 12:02 PM

What do you use Dr. Bronners for?

I've heard you can use it for different things other than body soap. Also, do you just put the big bottle in your shower and use it like that, or is it concentrated?

Pampered Mama 01-26-2013 03:10 PM

Re: What do you use Dr. Bronners for?

I use it in our foaming soap dispensers- only takes a little bit, and makes a nice thick foam!

4boys1girlforme 01-26-2013 03:16 PM

I put it in a squirt dispenser that hangs on the shower wall. We squirt it on puffs and I can take a shower (including shaving) on 3 squirts! My boys use 2 squirts- if I kept the whole bottle in the shower they would probably use 10 times more.
I also make wipe solutions from the baby mild. Several drops is enough and it takes about a week in the wipe warmer for it to get musty.

pbresolin 01-26-2013 04:37 PM

Oh ok those are great ideas!

megshmeg 01-26-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pampered Mama (Post 16209565)
I use it in our foaming soap dispensers- only takes a little bit, and makes a nice thick foam!

:thumbsup: Such a good idea. I put it in our normal soap dispensers and it sprays out at us sometimes. :giggle: But DH loves the foaming sorts of soaps, so I'm going to try that.

Other than hand soap, we use it in the shower/bath as well.

rumblepurr 01-26-2013 06:13 PM

We use it very diluted out in our foam dispensers as well, about 1 part Bronners to 12 parts water. I also use it for general household cleaning diluted out in a spray bottle about 1:16 water. I mix it full concentration with baking soda to make a paste for scrubbing down the tub and sink. I put a dollop in the trash cans and diaper pail when washing them out. I buy the baby unscented and mix it with a drop or two of essential oil for hand washing or cleaning for aroma therapy :). So one day my bathroom smells like oranges the next peppermint.

pbresolin 01-26-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumblepurr (Post 16210137)
We use it very diluted out in our foam dispensers as well, about 1 part Bronners to 12 parts water. I also use it for general household cleaning diluted out in a spray bottle about 1:16 water. I mix it full concentration with baking soda to make a paste for scrubbing down the tub and sink. I put a dollop in the trash cans and diaper pail when washing them out. I buy the baby unscented and mix it with a drop or two of essential oil for hand washing or cleaning for aroma therapy :). So one day my bathroom smells like oranges the next peppermint.

:) going to try that

GEM Cloth 01-26-2013 06:51 PM

We use it to clean everything that needs cleaning ... hair, bodies, and household. For the shower/bath I just have the big bottles by the tub and we use it for shampoo, face wash, and body wash. For hand wash at all the sinks, I have it in a foam dispenser, a few squirts of soap in the bottle and the rest water. For general cleaning/disinfecting all over the house, I keep it in spray bottles, again a few squirts of soap in the bottle and the rest water. I use it to mop the floors and if I run out of laundry soap or dishwashing soap, I use it for that too. I get the lavender most of the time (or tea tree oil) because those disinfect and I can use the same soap in the tub/shower and all over the house.

Brooke789 01-26-2013 07:02 PM

I use a tiny bit in my Bona Mop (like a swiffer but has a refillable cleaner solution bottle). Also, use Dr. Bronner's as my face cleaner. I switched to it a couple years ago and my skin is much better than when I used the regular cleaners (packed with detergents!).

lemon.extract 01-26-2013 09:52 PM

Looks like I need to buy some of this stuff!