Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Just a little vent.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485590)

~Cricket~ 01-26-2013 11:48 AM

Just a little vent....

Morning sickness has kicked in big time over here. :yuck: I'm tired, cranky, and feeling so GROSS! I have about 2 hours of feeling reasonable mid-morning, in which I try to get as much done as I can, but for the rest of the day I feel barfy. Not actually puking, thankfully, but my stomach feels totally rotten and I'm freezing cold all the time.

I really want to wait until I have my dating u/s next week to make sure that everything is OK before we tell anyone that we're expecting, but DH has been going around telling people that I'm not feeling well. :banghead: So people have been asking how I'm doing, posting on my facebook wall, offering to watch my kids, his mom is bringing supper tonight....

And I'm SO MAD! I know, it's probably not reasonable. I'm not 100% rational these days. But HONESTLY! I'm not sick. It's normal. And it's going to be this way for probably another 6 or 7 weeks. :cry: I don't want everyone watching me and guessing why I'm sick and starting rumors. I asked DH what he said to make his mom bring supper over and he said "well, you were sick."

And now what do I tell everyone? "No, I'm fine, DH was lying to you...." Or make up my own lie? "Just a little bit of the flu, but I'm fine now...." Crap, why couldn't he just say NOTHING!

mommycass 01-26-2013 01:49 PM

Re: Just a little vent....

I would just say you may have a stomach bug or something?! That your going to wait it out and see if you feel better in a couple days. By then have Dh tell people that your doing better when they ask. That's nice though that your MIL is bringing dinner. Just soak it up and enjoy the meal:)
And congrats!!

twinpossible 01-26-2013 01:53 PM

Sorry mama, that was me for the first 16 weeks. I threw up an average of 3 times a day but the nausea was never ending.

Here are some tricks: take 1/2 a unisom with vit. B6 everynight, my midwife recommended this to me and it really really helped. Before that I couldn't keep anything down. Get as much sleep as you can, keep what ever food you can tolerate on hand at all times. Last, those motion sickness bands helped me get through work.

As far as the people thinking you are sick...well you are and it is flu season so let them think you are sick. If it means people will come help you then I say do it. You will need the help, you will only get MORE tired. Let them watch your kids, let them bring you food so you don't have to cook while trying not to barf. I know it sucks that you feel like you are "lying" but if your friend was in the same position wouldn't you understand?
Hugs to you mama, hang in there.

~Cricket~ 01-26-2013 02:01 PM

I've been thinking about trying the anti-nausea bands. Might pick some up when I run my errands on Monday. And I'll see about getting some Unisom too! Thanks! :) (I wonder if it's available OTC here in Canada?)
Thanks so much for the sympathy, encouragement and suggestions ladies! Much appreciated. :hugs: