Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   S/O What do you wear in labor? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485714)

MDever 01-26-2013 07:08 PM

S/O What do you wear in labor?

I remember wearing a tank and nursing bra in labor even in the tub but I cannot for the life of me remember what I wore on the bottom:banghead: I know I used the ball quite a bit and made a bazillion trips to the bathroom. I am 37 weeks so I don't have time to order anything but I can sew. Any ideas?

Tris 01-26-2013 07:23 PM

Re: S/O What do you wear in labor?

I was bottomless. I didn't care hah.

kushie tushie 01-26-2013 07:27 PM

I wore yoga pant or those athletic skirts (the jersey knit one you can find at Old Navy for $10) to the birth center. Once labor was in full swing and I was uncomfortable, or in the tub and/or pushing I was naked..... well one with just a bra and once nude.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

cristy_1996 01-26-2013 09:57 PM

I kept the hospital gown on for both boys births but with my daughters birth last week, I labored the last part In the shower and went straight to pushing after that so I was completely naked. I must say I was burning up so I preferred no clothes on. Not to mention the gown was seriously annoying the crap out of me bc it kept falling off my shoulders!

Hillargh 01-26-2013 11:13 PM

Wife beater, and PJ pants with DS1. Wife beater and undies for about 5min with DS2, then bottomless /classy broad

ETA: No, I'm wrong. With DS1 it was a HUGE sleep shirt that went past my knees and might as well have been a moomoo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

cheezpoofs 01-27-2013 08:09 AM

I prefer to labor nude and shed clothes as labor progresses.

steph410 01-27-2013 08:14 AM

last time I wore a knee length stretchy/knit nightgown for the entire labor. but this time i plan on wearing the hospital gown.

Maple_Sugar_Designs 01-27-2013 08:17 AM

I wore a tank and a yoga skirt. The yoga skirt was around my waist most of the time though. :lol:

willownz 01-27-2013 12:27 PM

Naked 3 times. This last time I wore a hospital gown.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.

bigmamakelsey 01-27-2013 12:37 PM

The first time, I don't even remember what I wore in early labor, but once things got intense I got in the tub naked and never put clothes back on when I got out. I got chills in transition and my mom put a blanket on me.
The second, I wore a sports bra and comfy yoga capris, but once I started bleeding a lot I ditched the pants. I wore that sports bra the entire labor and pushing/when he was born. I was just so in the moment, I guess I didn't consider taking it off!