Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   heartburn anyone?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485789)

lalakiwi7 01-26-2013 09:58 PM

heartburn anyone??

So i didn't have much heartburn with DD and it was later in my pregnancy for sure but I am already having some heartburn and it's pretty much every night. I have chewable papaya and it helps some... anyone ever tried the apple cider vinegar in water thing??

oh and my dd had TONS of hair... despite the fact that I only had very mild heartburn. As a matter of fact they were joking they might braid it while she was crowning. :) So maybe this next one will be bald :giggle2:

lynn97 01-26-2013 11:20 PM

I had tons of heartburn (really, I had reflux more). I tried Tums but they never helped much. I ended up on Zantac, which eventually didn't touch it either. Finally, I ended up on something like Omeprezole but it was a different one. I have had lots of tummy problems over the years, though :-(. Sadly, the reflux has already fired up with this one. I have been taking Zantac for the past couple weeks as I ended up so acidic and refluxy (I don't think that's a word but you know what I mean), that I was puking up stomach acid day and night. It has been working but the past couple days have been crummy again. If this doesn't work, I guess I will have to call for something stronger. Does the papaya help? Is it just dried fruit? I may try adding that. I have heard good things about ACV but I'm afraid that, too, will make me puke :-p

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lynn97 01-26-2013 11:21 PM

Also, DS had some hair but not tons. I have heard that there is a real connection to this OWT though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

sisu 01-27-2013 12:40 AM

Re: heartburn anyone??

My husband swears by apple cider vinegar pills for heartburn. I've never tried them, but maybe will this time if I remember.

I had killer heartburn for both my others, I ended up on Prilosec the first time and Aciphex the second time. :yuck: Yuck - but nothing else worked. Both kiddos had a good amount of hair, nothing crazy though.

Andbabymakes2 01-27-2013 08:37 AM

All my pg's I dealt with hb, but with dh it was the worst. Mine gets bad the further alone I am but if I eat stuff like tomatoes etc it flares up. All my kids came out with lots of hair too.

Tris 01-27-2013 08:51 AM

I actually had it as an early symptom for this pregnancy, that and indigestion. It was awful. What helped was tums and walking around while eating and then continuing to walk around for about 10 minutes afterwords hah.

soofttie 02-01-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16212092)
I actually had it as an early symptom for this pregnancy, that and indigestion. It was awful. What helped was tums and walking around while eating and then continuing to walk around for about 10 minutes afterwords hah.

I have to ry this!! Anything for relief! Heartburn isnt the right word for me ...more like a Blazzing Fire. It doesnt happen every meal but when it does its harsh.