Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Shipping Concerns (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485797)

~KittyKat~ 01-26-2013 11:34 PM

Shipping Concerns

I sold an old dress on E-Bay. I shipped it Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation on Wednesday. I was told expected delivery was Friday. The tracking began updating but the last time it updated it said it was leaving the sort facility and that was at about 2am on Thursday morning. It has not updated since and the buyer said she has not received it yet. I know it was just supposed to be delivered yesterday but I am concerned that it is this late AND that the tracking has not updated. Is there anything I can do to find out the status? Thanks in advance.

Hillargh 01-26-2013 11:52 PM

DC isn't tracking. They're not required to scan it anywhere along the way, except when they receive it and deliver it. So don't worry about updates. Some mailmen scan it, some don't.

I would give it few days before I would even begin to worry or do anything personally. Mail can be notoriously late :/

ETA: If it shows delivered, and she hasn't gotten it, then I would worry. But if it's just not updated, give it a day or two. Depending on where you mailed it to and where it traveled along the way, snow could be a factor as well. And some places do not deliver on Saturday, in which case one day late would be Monday.

Without knowing where it is, I think the only thing you could do would be call the facility it was last scanned at, and have them look for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

srw.mutter 01-27-2013 11:32 AM

Re: Shipping Concerns

I would wait at least a few more days. Priority to 2-3 business days, so Monday would be the third day. By mid-week next week, I would start calling around

~KittyKat~ 01-27-2013 09:07 PM

Thanks ladies. I have never sold before on ebay so it is all new to me. I just hope she doesn't leave negative feedback because ebay had the expected delivery of Saturday and she was quite impatient on emailing me first thing in the morning after she paid for it to see if it was shipped yet. Ebay said it should be to her by Saturday so I really hope she recognizes that I shipped it in time according to USPS and it was expected to be there a day early but they had delays. I hope she realizes it is out of my control and I did my part.

~KittyKat~ 01-30-2013 06:32 PM

Well just a little update, still nothing as far as the package. I called on Monday and opened a case with USPS and was told that I will be contacted back by the end of the next business day but never got a call. So I called last night and they told me they would update the notes and it says it is being worked but they have no further information. I thought for sure I would get a call today...nope. I called again and they told me the same thing and that my next step is to contact consumer affairs. They are so completely unhelpful and I am at my wits end. The buyer opened an item not received claim against me already (it's been 10 days since she paid and the post office was not open the day after she paid) and I have kept in contact with her continuously through this whole thing. Anyone have any experience like this? Has anyone had a package go missing like this and had it delivered at some point? Should I just conclude at this point that it is lost? What happens if paypal gives her the refund and then the tracking eventually shows up that it was delivered to her? Does she just get the item for free if she refuses to pay or send it back?

ChihuahuaMama13 01-30-2013 10:35 PM

USPS doesn't usually consider an item lost until 30 days have passed. It sounds like this buyer is being a bit unreasonable though, especially since you've kept in contact and have proof that you did indeed ship the item.

Hungry Caterpillar 01-30-2013 10:59 PM

Your buyer is being unreasonable

USPS won't consider it missing before thirty days. You can call consumer affairs but they won't be able to do anything with it being this early. I had a package shipped in early Nov that got here in mid January. They do show up eventually. You should contact PP and let them know you shipped and its only been a few days but you are worried bc she is being so unreasonable.

abunchoflemons 01-30-2013 11:28 PM

I have one not updated and either so our just might new late in being scanned. Only one not get top destination in. the part few months.weather might be a factor too as we have really cold weather here and all and cali doesn't......as an example

~happy2Bamommy~ 01-30-2013 11:45 PM

I am seeing a number of packages NOT being scanned in at delivery.

Ask in paypal for the number to her local PO and let her know you will call them. Be sure to post the DC in paypal so they can see you DID ship it. Ask paypal to allow more time before they decide something because it did ship and you have been trying to get the PO to work with you. Let paypal know you do not want to accuse her of scamming and you hope the package is just held up for a bit, but will be describing the package at her local PO because you have heard that DC is not always updating and it seems there is a rise in people claiming items did not arrive when they see they didn't update.

I'd probably mention too that it has only been 5 business days since item was shipped and at five days the post office won't even investigate normally as to where a package is.

~KittyKat~ 01-31-2013 09:23 AM

Well another update, late last night the package finally processed through the sort facility in Omaha, NE and departed there this morning. She lives in NE so I would imagine she should be getting it tomorrow or Saturday at the latest provided there are no other issues. The tracking is right in paypal so she has been able to see it the whole time, she's just been the most impatient person ever. I hope paypal doesn't decide to decide on this before it actually arrives. Last I knew, ebay wouldn't let you open a case for an item not received until it had been 30 days because of reasons like this. Anyways, thanks for the help ladies. At this point I am so glad it is going to show up at some point, she can kiss my booty with her claim and I know if she leaves negative feedback that I can have it removed for circumstances like this where the delay was out of my control.