Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Did you have more acne with a boy or girl? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485850)

MyM&W 01-27-2013 08:33 AM

Did you have more acne with a boy or girl?

I remember having a lot of acne when I was pregnant with my daughter back in 2005, but I was also 19 so assumed it was still from being young. When I was pregnant with my ds in 2009 I had some, but it wasn't to bad and they went away pretty quickly.

Well I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant again and for a couple weeks I've been battling acne. It's mostly on my chin, I've had a couple on my cheeks, but def way more on my chin, I've got 3 just on the right side and they HURT..:cry: I normally just treat them with tea tree oil, which helps them dry out quicker, and I try so hard not to pop/squeeze/pick at them because the healing time is way longer....sigh.

So ladies, did you have more acne while pregnant with a boy or girl?

jlsquire0324 01-27-2013 03:57 PM

Rash like acne with DD and clear skin with DS :)

You Tell 'Em 01-27-2013 08:09 PM

Re: Did you have more acne with a boy or girl?

I didn't vote (mostly because I don't know what this baby is) but pre-kiddos I pretty much never broke out.... even during puberty. Then with both my girls, it was nuts, like payback for the years I didn't get it bad.

This pregnancy I've had a couple pimples and such, and maybe 1-2 days of "bad acne but other than that, my face has been pretty darn clear. We don't know if it's a boy or girl so it'll be interesting to find out for sure. If it's a boy then I think for me, major acne would be a big sign of a girl :blush:

mommy2eli 01-27-2013 08:32 PM

I never had any skin issues other than an occasional zit all through my teenage years. When I got pregnant with my son, I had constant outbreaks throughout the pregnancy, mostly on my chin and right between my eyes. Talk about embarrassing! I am 26 weeks with a little girl now and haven't had a single zit the entire time. Although my skin seems to be a lot drier than a typical winter makes it. May just be coincidental?

Holly dolly 01-27-2013 09:08 PM

I have 2 boys. First pg no skin issues. Second it was terrible. Like "pizza face" bad. :( Their birthdays are 3 4 days apart so the time if year didn't factor.

Near as I can figure it was my gummy prenatals with ds2.

lynn97 01-27-2013 09:38 PM

I had terrible acne and skin issues with DS. I haven't had any this time but I have no idea what this baby's gender is.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

LRL 01-27-2013 10:23 PM

Ugh, I am breakout city with DD, post-partum. I never had this happen with my two DS's.

carlycurry 01-28-2013 07:48 AM

Much more acne this time (pregnant with a girl) than with my son's pregnancy... my face actually cleared up with him.

Spunkify 01-28-2013 08:18 AM

My face was horrible with all my girls and significantly better with my boys. For me it seemed to be true that girls steal their mother's beauty.

steph410 01-28-2013 08:31 AM

don't hate me, but my skin looks better pregnant than it ever does not pregnant...I've had 4 boys and am pregnant with another boy.