Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Do your older children wear younger sibs? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485921)

WVflipflopmama 01-27-2013 01:28 PM

I've seen the carriers made for dolls etc, but I'm wondering if anyone allows their older children to wear the little ones? My oldest is 9 (almost 10) and she is super excited about our newbie coming in May. She already packs around the babies at church and wants to carry and hold them all the time. She was too young to remember when I wore my son. I have a feeling both she and her brother will want to try when they see me wearing this baby. I would never let them wear a newborn, but once the baby is older I'm wondering of it's OK (with supervision of course)? If so, what type of carrier would be best?

Alaura5 01-27-2013 01:32 PM

I'm 9.5 years older than my brother--my mom wasn't a big babywearer, but we had one of those frame backpacks and when he was 1 and I was 10, I wore him in it all the time. It probably helped that he was little for his age and I was big for mine :)

doulamomma 01-27-2013 01:44 PM

I would if there was a bigger age difference. My oldest is only 5 though. :)

Sent from my droid

bluedaisyma 01-27-2013 01:59 PM

Yes. I have a pic of my ds at age 11 wearing his newborn brother in a ring sling. On tbw, I see pics all the time of siblings wearing their little sibs in wraps and so forth. I let the kids carry the baby so why not wear him? I say this but aside from once or twice, the older kids wont baby wear, they'll just carry the 2 littles

Sent from Future Dwight

WVflipflopmama 01-27-2013 02:06 PM

So a ring sling would work for them? I prefer the rs myself but I'm thinking if my older 2 want to wear the baby I should find a small RS for them to use. Since I'm plus size I'm worried that the tail on my RS would be too long and maybe cause them to trip.

bluedaisyma 01-27-2013 06:09 PM

You can tuck the tail back into the sling.

Sent from Future Dwight

WVflipflopmama 01-27-2013 08:06 PM

I know, but I want to add to our stash anyway so I might as well get them one too. :-)

ulawolf 01-27-2013 08:15 PM

Yes all three of my teens wear their be sisters.

Mpony 01-27-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Do your older children wear younger sibs?

Yes, our 10 (soon to be 11) year old loves wearing his little sister. He uses our Boba.

nettepoet 01-30-2013 11:01 PM

Re: Do your older children wear younger sibs?

yes! definitely let your daughter wear the baby once it has head control, i think it is a great bonding tool. DD is 8 years older than DS and she wore him allllll the time when we went hiking, on walks, basically as much as she could tolerate.