Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Jan 27th - Feb 2nd (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485944)

canadianbakers 01-27-2013 01:17 PM

Chat Thread ~ Jan 27th - Feb 2nd

:cowwave: February by the end of the week! Time is flying by, mamas!

canadianbakers 01-27-2013 01:22 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 27th - Feb 2nd

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 16210222)
I couldn't lay on my side for almost a week after my c-section without PAIN! Can't imagine nursing side lying. But every one is different! I could never get the hang of the football hold either. The most comfortable position for me generally in the hospital was on my back with the bed at a 45 angle, but I wasn't nursing since DD1 was in the NICU.

That Spinning Babies website is very overwhelming and confusing and poorly organized for my brain. The reasons I'm still concerned are:

1) DD1 and her twin were BOTH breech. DD1 was much bigger so I was lopsided, and this baby is sitting more to the side where DD1 was.

2) DD2 was posterior (face forward instead of back) after being transverse almost the whole time.

3) This LO has been breech THE WHOLE TIME for every ultrasound and appointment.

4) Life likes to make things difficult for us and another c-section would be pretty difficult ;)

:bighug: Really, in the end, there's not much you can do about baby's positioning. I mean, I know there are things you can try, but ultimately it's baby's choice, kwim?

I kinda perfected side lying nursing (for me, I mean) with DD, cuz I couldn't handle losing sleep at night - I got to a point side lying that I can just latch baby on and fall back to sleep.
After my c-sec, I did need to have a pillow between my knees, to help support my legs and hips, and then another pillow supporting my lower belly for the first couple days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by melilo (Post 16210320)
If you could find a chiropractor in your are who does the Webster technique, I've heard it's highly effective for turning babies. It never hurts to try some simple, easy things to encourage baby to find the optimal position. You still have plenty of time. =)

Yup, definitely recommend the webster technique! We tried that with DS2, and it would have worked (was working, based on his movements and what I could feel him trying to do) but he was just too long by that point and didn't have room in me to move. But he really tried!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 16210739)
I did pick a few simple exercises to try. And my dad and stepmom see a Chinese holistic acupuncture type person who was totally ready to give me a discount last time on acupuncture and moxabrasion (sp??) last time whe DD2 wasn't turning so I may try that. Certainly can't hurt. Chiropractors scare me for some reason...

That's supposed to help as well, I've heard great things about acupuncture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16210867)
ultrasound on Monday will help me decide how much effort to put into spinning babies.. I swear I had hiccups in my crotch last night though, so I'm hoping that means that baby spun down. Which.. baby can still move, but that gives me hope anyways.

:crossfingers: for ya!
Based on Hiccup's big movements, I feel like he's breech... but then I always feel his hiccups down low... so :dunno: for sure!

AFM: Got on today for this, not sure when I'll get my computer back but hopefully this week!

EmilytheStrange 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

today has been good and bad. Missed church cause DD had 102 fever last night and still 100 today. DH is also feeling under the weather.

but on the GOOD side :) the only thing missing from DD's new big girl room right now is her! because I just pulled the new waterproof mattress cover out of the dryer. So, we'll hopefully make her bed before bedtime and viola! new room to sleep in tonight. Only annoying thing is that because she's still in diapers, we still use the changing table and it's in the baby's room.. will have to figure out a good solution before we're unable to go in there to use it because baby is asleep or something. Who uses a changing table still with a 2yo, you ask? People who like their sanity and their backs :) DD will lay there nicely for 95% of diaper and clothing changes and getting her hair done if she's on her table. If you try to do it on a bed or on the floor, she rolls and wiggles and fights you and throws tantrums (welcome to the last 2 weeks while we were in Texas).

so anyways.. I'm excited about her new room :) it's so super cute and big girl. And I'm ready to start thinking about the nursery and seeing how many sleepers we have for a newborn. We were team green before, but my sister sent us neutral handmedowns and I sent them all back after DD grew out of them.. so it's possible we have nothing in the newborn to 3month range.

when we moved her over, I cleaned out her closet and I was sad putting all her too-small froofy dresses away. I really hope this baby is a girl so we can use them again :) but if not, I am totally splurging on toddler suspenders because I love little boys in suspenders.

mibarra 01-27-2013 02:55 PM

If you have a low dresser you can put a changing pad up there. We just use the bed. My 2 year old is too tall for her changing table already! :)

EmilytheStrange 01-27-2013 04:01 PM

oh, she's way too tall :) 37inches long.

but, she seriously will tantrum and fight you if you try to change her or dress her on a bed or the floor. It's ridiculous. The only time you can do things without a full on meltdown is on that changing table :)

DH has mentioned getting another changing pad and seeing if it would work placed on a bed or the floor, but I think one of the major factors that drives her cooperation is a general fear of falling off. I think if she had the opportunity to get away, she'd take it :)

thanks though :) it's a good suggestion. Her new bed is a captain's bed though, so no dresser, the drawers are under the mattress.

EmilytheStrange 01-27-2013 04:04 PM

I think I'm happy-smiley-happy. lol

canadianbakers 01-27-2013 04:40 PM

Emily - We've always used the floor or couch for changing the kids. I'm too short to comfortably use one anyways. Our kids all got to a point of fighting it, but we would hold their arms with our legs and make them lay for it. They didn't fight for too long then. :)

RunawayBunny 01-27-2013 04:52 PM

I used a changing table until DS went to underwear! Actually, it was our changing pad on his bathroom counter because he was a big two year old and I was afraid he was gonna break the actual table, but the counter was essentially the same thing- same height.

Pictures of our dd's room? Is she as excited as you? How fun!

Afm: bad braxton hicks contractions all afternoon. I am trying to remind myself that they dont dilate because I get worried about bleeding with contractions... DS had a great night and morning with his grandpa so I knit almost a whole square of the baby's blanket!

MrsCrafty 01-27-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
today has been good and bad. Missed church cause DD had 102 fever last night and still 100 today. DH is also feeling under the weather.

but on the GOOD side :) the only thing missing from DD's new big girl room right now is her! because I just pulled the new waterproof mattress cover out of the dryer. So, we'll hopefully make her bed before bedtime and viola! new room to sleep in tonight. Only annoying thing is that because she's still in diapers, we still use the changing table and it's in the baby's room.. will have to figure out a good solution before we're unable to go in there to use it because baby is asleep or something. Who uses a changing table still with a 2yo, you ask? People who like their sanity and their backs :) DD will lay there nicely for 95% of diaper and clothing changes and getting her hair done if she's on her table. If you try to do it on a bed or on the floor, she rolls and wiggles and fights you and throws tantrums (welcome to the last 2 weeks while we were in Texas).

so anyways.. I'm excited about her new room :) it's so super cute and big girl. And I'm ready to start thinking about the nursery and seeing how many sleepers we have for a newborn. We were team green before, but my sister sent us neutral handmedowns and I sent them all back after DD grew out of them.. so it's possible we have nothing in the newborn to 3month range.

when we moved her over, I cleaned out her closet and I was sad putting all her too-small froofy dresses away. I really hope this baby is a girl so we can use them again :) but if not, I am totally splurging on toddler suspenders because I love little boys in suspenders.

Hooray for a big girl bedroom! I agree with the changing table. I'm really tall so the bending over constantly hurts!

AFM: today I organized all the baby's clothes, filled her dresser! And now I feel like I can make a list of what we need still and not just buy every cut girlie thing I see! My mom helped me organize the playroom too. It looks amazing! She's so good at organizing and loves helping. She offered to come back and stay next weekend again since my Dads working, so I'm hoping we can finish my craft room :lostit:

sunnygirlmomof6 01-27-2013 05:54 PM

I will hit 30 weeks on Wednesday! Yay! I also get my GTT on friday, and I am having a 4D that afternoon, so we will be spending the whole day in Tennessee.
Yesterday, DH and I went to Nashville to look at a 15 passenger van and loved it, so we gave tghem money to hold it for us until our tax money comes in. So, in a couple of weeks I will finally have a vehicle large enough for our whole family to travel in. :)