Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BG Dazzle dark color pre-wash warning? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486024)

carolyndavis 01-27-2013 06:08 PM

BG Dazzle dark color pre-wash warning?

I recently got a brand new Dazzle BG Freetime in the mail from Cottonbabies. It had a sticker on it with a warning to pre-wash dark colors 6 times before washing it with other diapers. This seems really excessive to me. I can't imagine the color would bleed that much. I have gotten Ribbit and Albert Flips brand new, and they didn't carry the same warning, nor did they bleed.

Has anybody had experience with Dazzle diapers bleeding their purple color in the wash? I washed mine once today in a load of dark clothing, and didn't see any color bleeding. Any reason why I shouldn't go ahead and put it in my dipe rotation now?

ChihuahuaMama13 01-27-2013 06:51 PM

Re: BG Dazzle dark color pre-wash warning?

All the dark colors used to come with the warning. I've never had one bleed, but some have. I just throw a Shout color catcher in the first wash with it included to cover my bases.

Nerissa 01-27-2013 07:46 PM

I havent had any of my dazzles bleed nor did I see a warning with them

mypeanut09 01-27-2013 08:03 PM

Mine didn't bleed or come with a warning.

cdeweese 01-27-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 (Post 16214175)
All the dark colors used to come with the warning. I've never had one bleed, but some have. I just throw a Shout color catcher in the first wash with it included to cover my bases.

I always do this with new diapers :) Never had a color bleed.

You Tell 'Em 01-27-2013 08:21 PM

I didn't have any bleeding on mine.... I've seen bleeding with Zinnia though :blush: But I've also never gotten a "warning" (or at least not one that I noticed).

teacherpippi 01-27-2013 08:21 PM

I have two Dazzles and never had that warning on a diaper.

blushbaby 01-27-2013 10:24 PM

I've never gotten a dark color warning with my Dazzles or any of my BGs for that matter. I prewashed normally with no bleeding issues. If you're worried, a color catcher can't hurt! :)

jennayoung99 01-28-2013 08:04 AM

Same, I never had a warning on mine, nor did it bleed. Maybe they're using a different fabric now? 6 x does sound excessive to me.

Annedee 01-28-2013 08:12 AM

I only have light colored Freetimes, but my 4.0 dazzle didn't bleed and I just got it and washed it for the first time on Friday. It didn't come with a warning, though.