Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do I get my HE washer to actually soak? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486043)

fgg 01-27-2013 06:42 PM

How do I get my HE washer to actually soak?

I have a new-ish Kenmore HE washer (top loader with a "regular" agitator), and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it to soak for a long period of time. It has a soak function, and a few weeks ago I put a few things in with some oxyclean on the soak function, and when I went back a couple of hours later, the water was all gone. Today I tried a different approach. I put a few things in with oxyclean again, but this time set it to the "normal" cycle, and after it filled, I pushed the pause button, and opened the lid. We went to a friend's house for dinner, and when I came home, the washer was drained again. Sometimes I have things that just need to soak overnight, but I cannot figure out how to make my washer do that. Any ideas????
Thanks a lot! :goodvibes:

WVflipflopmama 01-27-2013 07:18 PM

I'm not sure if your top loader would be the same, but have you tried leaving the lid open? Mine has a switch that activates the washer when the lid is closed. It won't do anything but fill the basin while it's open. I could leave it for days and it wouldn't drain as long as the lid is up.

mommaagain 01-27-2013 07:43 PM

Re: How do I get my HE washer to actually soak?

Mine top loader is not a HE, but also will not drain with the lid open.

fgg 01-27-2013 07:45 PM

That was the really surprising part today. I did leave the lid open, and it still drained.

RockinLou 01-28-2013 03:56 PM

Have you read the instruction manual or asked the company?

champatlife 01-28-2013 04:02 PM

I've been trying to figure this out. If I press the soak option and press king plus load ( for water level) all it does is get my clothes wet, then sits. Which makes my laundry room reek of pee since it is full of diapers. My husband came through after a few attempts and he said our laundry room
Smelled like a fish tank. :/

Tris 01-28-2013 04:33 PM

Can you just get a garbage can and presoak them there?

abunchoflemons 01-28-2013 05:09 PM

Are you sure your diapers didn't soak up water/ go into air? Maybe it will only soak for a little bit? Try manual to see if limit on soak. I think even my front load I could let it fill & turn off & it be ok

dncnshu00 01-28-2013 07:15 PM

If you leave the lid open on a top-loading HE, it automatically drains the water. Do you have a bedding or bulky items setting?