Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many diapers per day is normal for 9 month old? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486064)

kirst 01-27-2013 08:48 PM

How many diapers per day is normal for 9 month old?

I didn't want to hijack the other thread where Sarah B made this reply, but it got me wondering what is up with my son's output.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B (Post 16213980)
Also yesterday I did buy a package of Huggies for $31.25. It has 180 diapers and that would be enough to diaper my baby full-time for an entire month ( We only use disposables for camping usually) So at $31.25 only $375 a year ad $1.04 Per day so in the long run cloth diapering is probably more expensive for me.

Do people actually go a month on 180 diapers? My son FILLS 9 or 10 diapers a day. I don't change if it's just a teeny tinkle because I use staydry diapers.
There is no way a pack of 180 sposies would last me a month if I were full-time diapering with them. My son poops at least 3 times a day, too...but I have not been concerned because they are ploppable and not like diarrhea (sorry if this is TMI).

As it is now, I use sposies only when he has a rash, or if we are out of the house all day and I'd have to carry a poopy in my bag for 6+ hours....and 1 box has lasted me three months already and still half is left. But DS swamps those .....

How many diapers is normal for 9 months?

UVASahm 01-27-2013 08:56 PM

I have the same thing going on with my 1 year old. Normal poops but at least three times a day. I think normal is all relative but we consistently go through 8 diapers a day. That would be 240 a month not including night.

He also eats a ton and drinks a ton..

nonipie 01-27-2013 09:06 PM

Re: How many diapers per day is normal for 9 month old?

I couldn't do it. When we switch to cloth with our first we did a whole spreadsheet to determine what we were currently spending. I don't remember the dollar amounts but at a year old we were going through 7-9 diapers a day plus a special overnight diaper because he was such a heavy wetter. Then of course around 3 packs of wipes. We only used Huggies Supreme and Huggies Overnights as that was what worked best for us. I do remember the case from Costco was around $37.00 and it did not last the whole month. Then of course you have to remember that as the baby gets older there are fewer diapers in each box. So still paying the same amount for less diapers.

loving my family 01-27-2013 09:11 PM

For me all of my kids have average at that age between 8 - 12 diapers a day so for splitting it in the middle at 10 a day would be 280 a month.

fluffycheeks 01-27-2013 09:51 PM

I use 8 per day per kid (2 in diapers full time), plus my older DS who wears a cloth pullup every night. So 18 per day at this house. I figured put once that between the cost o diapers and pullups, I would spend just over $4.00/day on disposables, based on a $0.22 diaper and a $0.50 pullup. So it would be nearly $1500 a year, and that isn't even including wipes. cloth is way cheaper for us.

Jcurrie 01-27-2013 09:54 PM

My 6 month old goes through at least 10 diapers a day. I was talking with a friend about cloth diapers (she uses sposies) and her comment was that her 1 year old only goes through 3-4 diapers a day because 'she doesn't mind being wet'. Personally I couldn't imagine letting my son sit in his wet diaper for so long, sposies or cloth.

Saharan 01-27-2013 10:00 PM

My 10 month old goes through at least 8 diapers a day, usually closer to 10.

foggierbard9 01-28-2013 06:48 AM

My 8 month old goes through 8 to 12 diapers a day.

PurpleFluff 01-28-2013 08:13 AM

I've never got away with less than 9 per day with my one year old, and it's usually closer to 12. He is not a heavy wetter and poops once or twice per day, but he gets rashy if not changed frequently, even with a stay dry liner.

ashleyg103 01-28-2013 08:14 AM

My twins are 7.5months old and go through about 10 each a day including nighttime diaper so 20 diapers total per day and thats 140 per week! ITs crazy so cloth is WAY cheaper for me.