Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486149)

alyssamama22 01-28-2013 03:55 AM

Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Hi , my daughter is giving me a hard time all of a sudden. She won't eat her baby food, she turns her head like tuck get away. So I have been giving her table food for 3 days and trying to sneak in her vegtables. What can I make to give her so that she eats her veggies. She's my first so its all new to me, I need your tips and suggestions. Thank u ladies!

mrseum 01-28-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyssamama22
Hi , my daughter is giving me a hard time all of a sudden. She won't eat her baby food, she turns her head like tuck get away. So I have been giving her table food for 3 days and trying to sneak in her vegtables. What can I make to give her so that she eats her veggies. She's my first so its all new to me, I need your tips and suggestions. Thank u ladies!

What do you mean- she's not eating her purees but now eating what you eat? She's probably over baby food! Just give her small finger foods. Cut up what you are eating into tiny bites for her. You can steam/bake veggies until they are soft enough for her to gum/chew.

SamanthaSews 01-28-2013 04:38 AM

Yeah. That's about the age my son was over purées. I had a hard time getting him to eat for a little while, but you can try anything soft- steamed carrots, sweet potato, squash etc.

My ds also liked food with a crunchy/ breaded texture. I would take pieces of sweet potato & roll them in bread crumbs before baking them. He loved it.

Just try different foods & soon she will be eating whatever you eat!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

alyssamama22 01-28-2013 04:39 AM

I'm doing that but how do I know she's full. Yes its her regular baby food she doesn't like anymore. What is a good meal to give her for lunch for example. If I make her a meatballs smushed up is that enough

nursemama23 01-28-2013 05:52 AM

Remember, before one just for fun, so solids arent meant to be a main source of nutrition yet. She should still be getting formula or bm to compose majority of her nutritional intake. I agree with pp, just offer what you are eating. If baby doesn't eat it, no big deal just offer solids again at next meak

abunchoflemons 01-28-2013 10:12 AM

Re: Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Meat ball, drier and veggie and bread.depends on how much she eats though too. Like in the morning if you make egg, yogurt milk and our juice and toast.......I have north to 5 years book that gives good ideas for meals and portions

nonipie 01-28-2013 11:05 AM

Re: Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Are these homemade purees? Just don't puree it then and put cooked veggies on her tray. Nurse before lunch, then give something like soft carrots and apples with the meatball and offer water. Basically I always do whatever we eat. So breakfast may be scrambled egg, soft fruit like banana or avocado, maybe regular oatmeal etc. But breastmilk or formula should be most of their diet still. If she's still hungry she will eat, if not she will stop. If she just doesn't want more solids and nurses more in the afternoon then that's fine too.