Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Potty Training at night - what are you using? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486162)

Kabuki24 01-28-2013 07:22 AM

Potty Training at night - what are you using?

What's working for you?

alaskamum 01-28-2013 07:46 AM

Re: Potty Training at night - what are you using?

We just used regular diapers at night (I used a BGE on DS; DD was a large padfolded flat in a flip or a BGE) until they were consistently dry. DS did it right away, I only kept the diaper on him for 2 weeks as a precaution, then he had no diaper at night. With DD she wore the night diaper for 4-6 weeks, with only occasional wetting, and then one day refused to put it on. She was dry at night after that.
DS had already been holding it at night and was waking up dry before I started potty training him, DD was still wetting at night when she starting potty training but caught on very quickly. It actually helped her sleep once she figured out how to stay dry at night.
DS was 2 when we started, DD was 20 months.

MomBecks 01-28-2013 08:06 AM

Unfortunately, my last is still wetting at night. We use Toddlerease fitteds under Disana soakers so they can be pulled on/off.

FindingMercy 01-28-2013 08:14 AM

We didn't do anything to push night training. We started using super undies overnight trainers so try would feel wet. It took both of my girls 6-12 months after being day trained to stop wetting at night. We leave them in the trainers until they request to not wear them anymore. Both started training just before their 2nd birthday. My 2-year-old still wears the trainers at night but hasn't wet in them in weeks.

thirdtimemomma 01-28-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FindingMercy (Post 16215786)
We didn't do anything to push night training. We started using super undies overnight trainers so try would feel wet. It took both of my girls 6-12 months after being day trained to stop wetting at night. We leave them in the trainers until they request to not wear them anymore. Both started training just before their 2nd birthday. My 2-year-old still wears the trainers at night but hasn't wet in them in weeks.

I use superundies too. But my nous are 7 and nearly 6 and still wetting. When we are sure they can might train I start waking them at night to pee.

I do use a L FB till they outgrow it. That's my plan for 2yo when he pts sometime after he turns 3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

dagmomma 01-28-2013 09:18 AM

DS1 once he was potty trained he was night trained too--I was blessed

DS2 had more issues--A flip worked great for him until he refused to wear them--he is now night trained.

I do not buy anything special and use what is on hand and flips never gave me an issue at night. That is what I used for my boys from 1.5 on.

Kabuki24 01-28-2013 09:24 AM

Thanks all. I plan on doing the 3 day potty training (my mom used this technique with my twin sisters 23 years ago with success on the first try), but nights make me nervous. :)

MomBecks 01-28-2013 01:59 PM

In my experience night wetting is a physiological development, not something to be trained. They're dry when they CAN be dry

firststella 01-28-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomBecks
In my experience night wetting is a physiological development, not something to be trained. They're dry when they CAN be dry

I do think the same too!

Kabuki24 01-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomBecks (Post 16217493)

My mom and I were talking about this the other day...

I didn't necessarily mean that you "train" them at night, more of "what can be used so that you don't have to worry too much about having to change sheets all the time" kwim?