Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you use any cream/paste on bottom? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486205)

ExcitedMamma 01-28-2013 09:39 AM

Do you use any cream/paste on bottom?

Ok I'm confused, do you use anything on your little ones bottom in a CD? Is it just not needed for cloth? My baby is getting over an awful rash which is why I'm switching to cloth. Should I use something while she still has the rash? Then nothing once its gone?

I ordered Earth Mama bottom balm, Lansinoh bottom cream and Magic stick all natural diaper stick to try. Are these ok in cloth? I ordered BumGenius Elementals, Totsbot and gDiapers cloth. I also have Aquaphor which we used at every change before the rash. Thank you!

sma123 01-28-2013 09:50 AM

I like coconut oil... Good for baby's bottom and safe for cloth

AZmommy 01-28-2013 09:50 AM

Re: Do you use any cream/paste on bottom?

if my LO gets a rash yes I use cream Ive really not had any issue with creams and cloth.

DottieHarley 01-28-2013 09:54 AM

I use CJ's esp if the bum is looking a little red. But maybe only use it 25% of the time.
I like lanolin (just the stuff in the purple tube) at night, bc it's super thick and a great barrier. Both are fine with cloth, wash right out in the wash.
We do have a magic stick which lives at daycare. They love the twist up tube!

FriedaT 01-28-2013 10:05 AM

I use plain lanolin at night and if she starts looking a bit red.

nonipie 01-28-2013 10:08 AM

I use coconut oil sometimes (like if they poop and I don't catch it right away) but otherwise no I use nothing. My kids almost never have a rash and if they do get red then a little air clears it up in a few minutes. If their bottom looks fine then I don't mess with it.

haddiehold1109 01-28-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 16216269)
if my LO gets a rash yes I use cream Ive really not had any issue with creams and cloth.

^^^^
That. We use stay dry fleece liners and always use Dr. Smiths which is the goopiest stuff I have found. No repelling, no issues on diaps at all! Sometimes you just need zinc and the coating it gives!!

abunchoflemons 01-28-2013 10:20 AM

Sween cream for butt....

ashleyg103 01-28-2013 10:33 AM

i like coconut oil, i always put it on before bed and if they are getting a little red i like lanolin

srw.mutter 01-28-2013 10:52 AM

We swear by triple paste. For full on rashes, cj's has never worked for us (or any other natural remedy such as coconut oil or lanolin). We just use a fleece liner to protect the diaper